Finally

Phil’s P.O.V

I was always truly amazed by how optimistic Darcy was, she never failed to make people smile with her positivity. To her, everything was all butterflies and unicorns, but she had such a dark past. So many horrible things that will haunt her, yet she chose to ignore them.

“Phil?” Her angelic voice rang in my ears, snapping me out of my thoughts.
“Yeah?” I replied as I looked up at her. There was a moment of silence as I waited for Darcy to speak.
“I only realised now that I don’t have any clothes or anything” I wasn’t surprised that she started asking questions like that, it hadn’t been something to worry about in life till that moment.
“When you are able to leave, I will take you shopping and we can buy you toiletries and other stuff that you will need” Darcy’s face lit up.
“REALLY? I will pay you back, I promise!” She spoke truthfully but I didn’t even consider her proposal.
“Darcy, you have been through enough as it is, the least I could do is buy you things you need!” She shook her head.
“I don’t care, I’ll still pay you back” I chuckled and rolled my eyes, I was buying her what she needed whether she liked it or not.
The hospital door swung open and the doctor entered the room much like every other morning.
“Good morning” he greeted and walked straight over to Darcy in her bed.
“How are you feeling? Stiff?” He asked, Darcy shook her head.
“Not really, the painkillers have helped and I feel fine” The doctor nodded and wrote a few things on his clip board.
“That’s good, and some exciting news, we will be letting you out tomorrow, though we will need to have regular check-ups to make sure everything is on track. Also, the police will keep in contact with you too. Any questions?” Darcy bit her lip and I watched her think.
“I need to go to the bank, they said when I was little that when I became eighteen I could legally get the money my parents left behind ,and the police mentioned it too” The doctor nodded, not having much information regarding that issue.
“Anything else” I quickly spoke up.
“Is it possible I could have your card in case something happens? I would prefer to call you since Darcy has been your patient” The doctor reached into his pocket and pulled out a little piece of card with his details, handing it to me with a smile.
“Good idea, I will be back to dismiss you tomorrow” And with that he left the room, before I could say anything Darcy cheered with happiness.
“Finally, freedom!” I laughed and Darcy poked her tongue out playfully, extremely excited to leave.
“Hey Phil, I will be able to meet Dan and see your apartment and paint heaps and go on walks and do so many things!”
“Yes you will!” I agreed and listened to her ramble on about the many places she wanted to visit and things she wanted to do.