Surprise!

Darcy’s P.O.V

After my search was complete and I had successfully bookmarked each item I would purchase, I closed Phil’s laptop and sat back in the computer chair, spinning in slow circles as I processed my earlier encounter with Dan.
“Darcy? I’m back!” I heard Phil shout after the front door had slammed shut. I excitedly ran into the kitchen and helped him with carrying all the shopping bags into the kitchen.

“It’s fine, I’ll unpack. You can watch TV until I’m done” I placed the last bag onto the kitchen counter and turned to face Phil who was midway through placing a carton of eggs into the cupboard.
“Are you sure?” Phil turned and faced me, nodding and smiling before ushering me away and continuing unpacking. My body relaxed as it fell backwards onto the couch, arm reaching for the remote and switching the TV on.

 “Close your eyes….” I heard Phil’s voice suddenly whisper in my ear making me jump, but I did as he said instantly, curious as to why he had given me such instructions. His footsteps were heard travelling around the couch and ending half a metre away from me, followed by the sinking of the cushions beside me and an item being placed on my lap.

“Open” He insisted and I was very quick to do so, beyond excited.

“No way…” I gasped as I stared down at the box on my lap with shock.

“OH MY GOD” I shouted excitedly and Phil just nodded and chuckled before reaching over and pulling the cardboard flaps on either end of the box, pulling the contents out. A phone identical to the one Phil owned was revealed and I lifted it out with a massive grin on my face.

“I wanted you to have one in case of an emergency, it does practically anything so you can take pictures and do allsorts with it as well. Oh and don’t you dare even think for one second you are paying me back, this is a gift from me to you and you aren’t allowed to even give me a cent”

I gazed up at Phil and placed the phone on the coffee table before lunging forward and wrapping my arms around him.

“Thank you thank you thank you, you are honesty treating me like royalty and I don’t deserve it” I could feel him shaking his head.

“You do deserve it. Now, why don’t I go pay for all your clothes and things and then we can set up this phone of yours” I separated from Phil and could tell there was no way of paying for everything myself, so I just agreed and followed him back to the office with my phone.

 “You know you don’t have to do any of this right?” I asked him as we walked, Phil shook his head.

“Yeah, but I want to”