New Day

Phil's P.O.V

I set my alarm for eight in the morning, wanting to wake, shower and bring Darcy breakfast and her medicine before she woke up. I had placed everything on a tray and carried it to her room carefully, thinking the day through as I did so. Turning the doorknob and pushing the door open, I noticed Darcy was still asleep, her long hair sprawled messily across the pillows. Her chest rose and fell with every intake and release of air from her lungs. I stood watching her for a few moments, truly grateful she had recovered so miraculously. She was an angel, and absolute angel, and I was thankful she was safe and free of harm.

I walked across the room, careful not to drop the tray in my hand, and pulled the blinds open, light illuminating the room and causing Darcy to stir in her sleep as her mind regained consciousness. After a few moments, her eyelids rose and revealed her stunning blue eyes which twinkled in the morning sunlight streaming through the window.

 "Morning" She croaked groggily and sat up against her pillow, rubbing her eyes as a yawn escaped her lips. I carefully placed the tray with toast and juice on her lap, her pills in a tiny plastic container on the side.

"Morning, how are you feeling?" I asked politely, plonking myself on the computer chair and spinning to face Darcy who had taken a small bite of her toast.

"A bit sore, thanks for the breakfast" She said and was quick to take the pills with a gulp of orange juice. I span in slow circles as she ate and drank, not wanting her to feel awkward as she would if I were to have sat still staring at her.

"You done?" I asked as she placed her cup down, wincing and rubbing her leg softly.

"Yup, thanks so much, you didn't have to do all that" She said and I lifted the tray off her lap, shaking my head as if to disagree with her.

"Phil, the only clothes I can currently own are the few things of yours you lent me and the underwear the hospital bought for me during my stay. Can we please go shopping today? I can use the money I have in the bank" Darcy looked up at me with hopeful eyes, though I had previously thought buying everything online would be a better option as walking around for hours wouldn't be good for her.

"Yeah sure! But I think we should do it online, and I'm paying for everything" Darcy shook her head about to protest, but soon sent me a look of confusion and amazement, and it took me a few moments to realise why.

"You can buy clothes online now, it's quite easy so you won't have a problem getting things" She nodded and thanked me again as I left the room, making sure to promise me one last time she would pay me back, even though I wouldn't allow it.

After a few hours of watching TV and discussing with Darcy what she would need, I handed her my laptop with many tabs with popular websites to browse through. I showed her how to work the mouse and bookmark the pages of what she wanted so I could pay and add our address later, it only took a few minutes for her to get the hang of it.

"Hey, I'm going to be out doing the shopping for a few hours. My number is beside the phone in the kitchen if you need to call me and Dan is in his room so you're not alone. Also, don't worry about choosing too many things, I am happy to pay for it all" Darcy nodded and began her search, thankfully giving up on trying to persuade me she would pay.

Darcy's P.O.V

I wasn't sure whether to be delighted or worried being alone in the apartment with Dan. Either way, from the moment the front door shut after Phil left, I remained silent as I began looking through pages and pages of clothing, bookmarking what I wanted and adding the prices together so I could pay Phil back later. I picked out shirts, dresses, jeans, jumpers, jackets, shoes, swimwear, pyjamas and shorts, bookmarking each item and gradually closing the tabs one by one.

As I scrolled down another page of t-shirts, I felt a lingering presence behind me. I knew it was Dan so I pretended not to notice him, continuing looking at prices and secretly searching for Dan's reflection on the laptop screen. I found it after a few moments, noticing he was standing with his arms crossed in the doorway.

"What are you doing with Phil's laptop?" He suddenly asked, a hint of anger in his tone of voice. I span around on the chair, pretending to be shocked by his presence.

"Looking for clothes" I responded quickly, avoiding direct eye contact with him. Dan's stare made me feel uncomfortable, so I turned back around and brought my attention back to the computer screen.

"Why?" He asked, and without looking back at him I answered.

"Because I don't own any" There was no reply and after a few seconds I watched Dan's reflection disappear. I turned back around to check he had left and sure enough, he was gone. I sighed and continued looking for clothes.

What is his problem?

Dan's P.O.V

Firstly she took up weeks of Phil's life whilst in the hospital, and now she was living with us, using Phil's things, and spending his money. I was so incredibly frustrated and could hardly contain it. If she wasn't gone in two weeks then I would force her to go, she was just going to annoy us and take over Phil's life. The BBC was a big enough job for Phil as it was, he didn't need another major responsibility.