Bodies Intertwined

Darcy's P.O.V

Wind whipped my face as I stood alone on the balcony, hands warmed by the heat of my mug of tea I clutched in my pink hands. The view from the apartment compared to no other, and often I would escape to bathe in the beauty of the view. Black sky illuminated by the London lights, headlights moving like ants on highways. Happiness was finally ensued. My life couldn't have been any more perfect, and I was glad this new chapter in my life was with Dan.

I took a small sip of my tea and held it in my mouth for a moment before swallowing, the warmth relaxing me further.

"It's so beautiful, isn't it?" Dan whispered into my neck, his arms looping around my waist and chest against my back.

"Yeah..." I whispered back, swaying lightly and listening to Dan's breathing. His hair was tickling my ear but I didn't bother telling him, it felt nice. We were so close and the heat radiating off his body warmed me and made me feel cosy.

Placing my tea on the glass table, I turned to face Dan who was smiling down at me.

"Not as beautiful and you," he flirted. I felt my cheeks go pink and I wrapped my arms around the torso of the male before me. That was one of the best feelings ever, having no worries and being in the arms of whom you love.

"I love you," I stated and Dan pulled away for a moment, staring me in the eyes before leaning down and planting his lips firmly on mine. Butterflies erupted in my belly and it felt like the first time we kissed. Dan made everything so special.

"I love you more," he whispered and his hand connected with mine, my heart beating like a drum in my chest. This was some fairy-tale, I could hardly believe that was happening.

We shared the moment in silence, both staring out at the city below us. I was on the top of the world. Literally. Our hands intertwined, both enjoying the moment. Paradise.

"My nose is getting cold, let's go inside, yeah?" I nodded and grabbed my mug before following Dan to the door and allowing him to open it for me.

"Ladies first, " he offered and gestured me to walk in, which I quickly did.

"Movie and blankets?" Dan asked, shutting and locking the balcony door.

"YES!" I shouted, watching as Dan picked up a disk from the countertop.

"Wall-e?" He asked. I hadn't seen that movie so I shrugged. I hadn't seen most movies since I was transferred to the orphanage and obviously none whilst I was kidnapped.

"I've never heard of it, sounds good!" I said and Dan grinned, obviously pleased I hadn't seen it.

"Great! I bought it today!" He exclaimed eagerly and rushed over to the TV.

"I'll get the pillows and blankets!" I shouted as I ran to Dan's rooms and collected everything on the mattress, creating a giant ball in my hands that I carried back into the living room and chucked on the couch. Dan rushed over to me, hands carrying two pieces of cake in which had been heated in the microwave. I rearranged the pillows and blanket before sitting down and waiting for Dan to join me.

"Ready?" He asked, as if the movie was something much more dramatic. I giggled and nodded, hearing the movie start on the TV, the bright light illuminating the dark room. I ate my cake slowly, savouring the flavour in my mouth as the movie went on.

-

"Like it?" Dan asked from beside me.

"Yes!" I exclaimed and Dan chuckled, turning the TV off. As there was silence, I realised it was raining heavily outside. I snuggled onto Dan's chest and he lay down so his head was resting on the arm part. We lay there in silence, listening to the rain pour down outside, though we were cosy, lying together. Dan was always warm and loves to cuddle, and it didn't take long for him to wrap his arms around me and hold me.

"I love you" He whispered, though I couldn't see his eyes from the where I was.

"I love you too" I said and we fell asleep, bodies intertwined in a perfect bundle.