25. Moving again.

This two weeks were a pain. At first we both thought moving was going to be fun. And it was, for like 3 days. Then everything became more tense. We started packing stuff but we had a lot of things on our heads apart from moving. I had a lot of exams because the end of the year was getting close and Denis had to record for the new Asking album plus his homework. Every day became gradually more stressful as everything was getting harder and harder.

It was Friday and i just got home from school. And i didn't have a really good day. Hailey was sick so she wasn't at school, i had an exam that was fucking hard and i was so tired.

'' Alexis, have you seen my old flannel?''

'' No i didn't see your fucking flannel.'' i snapped.

He just raised an eyebrow at me.

'' I'm sorry.'' i said going over to him as he wrapped his arms around me.

'' It's okay love. I know this is stressful.'' he said kissing my head.

'' Yeah but that doesn't excuse me being mean.'' i sighed.

'' Don't worry about it. You're just tired.''

'' I'll help you find it.''

That's one thing that i loved about him. He was always calm with me. The only time he snapped at me was on tour, but i deserved that.

After finally finding his flannel and packing some more stuff i took a long shower and then finally got to sleep.

------

The next day we continued with the stuff. But i couldn't find anything.

'' Why the fuck i can't find anything when i need it?'' i said throwing all of my clothes on the floor.

'' Alexis...'' Denis said taking my hands and stopping me.

'' I know i'm making a mess and this is not helping at all. I'm sorry.''

'' Stop apologizing. You need some time away from here. At least for a day.''

'' I can't let you do everything alone.''

'' And how are you helping me if you're so stressed?''

'' I'm not...''

'' I can handle all of this for a day.'' he smiled.

'' And where should i go? Hailey is sick.''

'' Go see your mom. Talk to her. It will help.''

'' Okay. But first let me clean the mess i did.'' i said as i tried to get everything of the floor but immediately been stopped.

'' I can do it.''

'' But-''

'' Just go.'' he laughed.

'' I love you.'' i said kissing him.

'' I love you too. Now go until i make you.''

I left to my mom's house walking alone on the street. He was so sweet and caring. And i was just annoying in these days. I wasn't good at all with stress, but he knew how to calm me down.

'' Alexis?'' my mom asked when she opened the door.

'' Hi mom.'' i faked a smile.

'' You didn't tell me you were coming. Did something happen?'' she asked as she gestured for me to enter.

'' No. I'm fine.''

'' You think i can't tell you're lying? Come on, tell me what's wrong.''

'' I'm just really stressed because of all of the moving and stuff.''

'' Aw sweetie. Don't worry, it will be fine. How is Denis taking it?''

'' He is fine. I don't know how he's so calm. I mean i snapped a lot of times at him and he can still keep himself calm.''

'' Honey, it's because he loves you.''

'' I know. That's why i'm here, i was going mad again this morning and he told me to come here for today so i'd relax a little.''

'' I'll thank him for that later.''

'' Thank him for what?'' i asked confused.

'' For taking so much care of you. He keeps his promise.''

'' What promise?''

'' You don't remember? The prom? He promised me he would always take care of you.'' my mom smiled at me.

'' Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Huh, that was before we even were a couple.''

'' Go in your old room and get some rest. Did you have breakfast?''

'' No i didn't.''

'' I'll get you a bowl of your favorite cereal.'' she smiled.

'' Thank you mom.'' i said running up the stairs.

I slowly entered my old room. Everything was so clean. My drawings were covering the walls and my desk. I spent so many nights with my head on that desk. The night the Asking Alexandria tour dates were announced, the night Denis called me to see if i'm okay after he left when we were just friends and so many more nights. I sat on the bed looking around and remembering everything before i moved, before i met the guys, before i met Denis. My mom got me out of the trance when she entered the room.

'' Are you okay sweetie?''

I jumped off the bed as i didn't hear her enter the room.

'' Yeah mom, i'm fine. I was just remembering some stuff. This room holds a lot of memories.''

'' It does. Now eat and get some sleep. You'll need it as you didn't finish packing.'' she smiled.

'' Thanks.''

-------

Later that day i was in my bed watching Criminal Minds. I loved that show. Then suddenly i got a message from Denis.

'' I'll come pick you up.''

'' Okay :)'' i texted back.

In some minutes the doorbell rang and i heard my mom open the door.

'' Hello Mrs. Smith.''

'' Hi Denis. Come in. Alexis, Denis is here!''

I got down the stairs immediately running into his arms as he got me and span me around. I swear i could hear my mom laugh.

'' Feeling any better beautiful?''

I nodded. '' I missed you.''

'' I missed you too.''

'' How was packing today?''

'' I think i did a good job.'' he laughed.

'' That's good to hear.'' i said.

-------

The next Saturday our apatment was full of boxes. They were everywhere. We woke up early that morning to get the stuff that remained and call a company to help us with everything.

We got to the house as some guys from the company we called were carrying the boxes. I was ready to walk into the house when Denis picked me up bridal style.

'' What are you doing?'' i laughed.

'' I'm carrying you in.''

'' But we're not married.''

'' No, but i still can do it. We're moving, that's close enough.'' he smiled carrying me in.

I am so lucky to have him. He was perfect and more.

---------------------

A/N: Please let me know what you think of this chapter. I was really excited to write it and i think it actually came out okay :)