Chapter 9

"J-Joe?" I heard Chrissy's voice. She's awake! She tried to sit but I stopped her.

"Chrissy, don't." I set her back down.

"Why am I here? And...ouch! What is this?" She touched her nose and groaned. "How long has I been passed out? Where is everyone? Why..." She wanted to ask more questions but I laughed and stop her.

"Don't over think it. You need to get some rest. I'm glad you're awake though." I smiled and kissed the top of her head and she smiled back.

"Where's everyone?"

"They're on their way back to England."

"What? Why didn't you go with them?"

"Seriously? Should I really go back to London and leaving you alone with that condition? Are you serious?" I asked her and she giggled. "Don't laugh. It's my best friend we're talking about."

"Thank you, Joe." She smiled and I did too.

"Now get some rest. I'll call the doctor." She nodded and so I left her to get the doctor.

Chrissy's POV

I had the weirdest dream ever. I was there with Joe in some place that I couldn't figure out where and he...said he likes me. I know crazy, right? But I didn't want to keep my hopes up so I just shrugged it off.

Joe's POV

I walked out of the room and was surprised there by Daniel standing not far from the door.

"How long have you been here?"

"Half an hour? I don't know." Half an hour?! That means...

"W-why didn't you...get in?"

"Trust me I was about to but then you're not gonna believe what I heard." He smirked and I could feel my cheeks burnt. Did he hear it all? My cheesy speech? Oh crap. "Don't be embarrassed, really. And I've made up my mind and I think it'll be better if she stays with you in London. After all, I know you won't let her get hurt." My eyes widened. At least that speech gained me something. More days to live with Chrissy.

"Thank you, dad. I will take care of her, I promise." He nodded and smiled.

"So when did it all start again?" He asked with a giggle.

"Daniel!" I yelled and he laughed even more. "Stop it we need to call the doctor."

Chrissy's POV

I laid on the bed waiting for the doctor to come in when suddenly it all came back to me. How I met Mike at the party and how he punched me in the face. That's where all the bandages came from. How did he get there? Did Joe invite him? Of course he wouldn't. He hates Mike just too much.

The door finally opened and I saw a woman in a white suit and everything that I believe was the doctor, Joe, and...

"Dad? What are you doing here?" I widened my eyes at Joe but he looked nervous or terrified I'm not sure but he was blushing. What on earth happened?

"What do you think a dad doing in a hospital when his daughter is sick?"

"I don't know. Yelling at her for not telling him she's in his state?" He laughed.

"I'm not mad. I'm not even worried. You were with Joe anyway." I laughed and smiled at Joe and he smiled back at me. "Anyway, have you opened my present?" He got me a present?! That's like one in a lifetime!

"Where is it?" I cheered like a little kid a little too excited for it. Making him laughed. Joe walked to a cupboard near the tv in front of me to get the present my dad gave me. It was a pretty big box. I soon opened the wrapper and opened the box inside it. "Oh my God. Thank you, dad! This is just beautiful." It was a Homer Simpson skateboard that I've always wanted when I was 12 but my mom never let me have one because she didn't want me to play skateboard. She though it was dangerous or something. But at the end, I would sneaked and learned how to play it with Joe and his friends. Oh, and did I mention how much I love The Simpsons? Yeah, even until this time. "How do you remember about it?" I laughed remembering the old times.

"I always remember." He smiled. God, I missed him so bad. Why couldn't he just stay in London?

"Okay. So everything's getting better." The doctor said once we were done talking and she was done checking everything up. "You can go home tonight." She said smiling.

"But..."

"Okay. Thanks, doctor." Joe cut me off knowing that I wanted to go home earlier. She nodded and left. I widened my eyes at him. "I'm sorry but you need a rest. We can't go back now. What if you pass out again? I'm not taking any risk. We're going back to London tonight, okay?" I frowned and nodded. I saw my dad chuckling.

"Dad?"

"Oh no. Ignore me." After all these years, he's still my weird lovely dad. "So I'm gonna pay for everything and then I'll go back home, okay? Enjoy your flight back to London, honey." He kissed my forehead and left.

"What happened with him?"

"I-I don't know." He definitely knew! He came and set out my hospital cot so I was sitting on it. "Let's get you some foods." He took a porridge that the hospital gave to me this morning. I hate hospital foods but I needed to eat those. He took a spoon of it and fed me like a little kid and I laughed.

"Here give me that." I took the spoon and fed him a spoon of those but he resisted.

"I'm not the one who's sick." He said shaking his head.

"Oh come on, Joe. You love hospital foods." I laughed remembering the day when my mom was sick in the hospital and she wouldn't eat the foods so Joe ate those all. He laughed and finally ate it.

"Now stop with me. You're the one who needs food."

"But you haven't eaten, right?"

"Well...that's not important. I can always eat anything." Just like that, I heard some noise that I believe came from his stomach. I bursted out laughing and he was embarrassed that his cheek turned red.

"Eat it, Joe. I'm not hungry really." He looked at me, unsure what to do. "I want to go outside to take a little walk. I haven't walked since forever."

"I'll come with you." He helped me hop off the bed.

"Actually, no. You'll stay and eat those foods." I smiled and walked outside the room myself with the IV thing still on my hand.

I was so dizzy so I held on the wall while walking around the hospital. I almost fell but then someone caught me from behind my back.

"Joe, I told you I'm..." I turned around but that wasn't Joe. That definitely wasn't Joe. He is good looking though but...who is he?

---

Hope you guys enjoyed it and vote because you're awesome!