Chapter 11

"Hey, guys..." The guy greeted us all weirdly. But not the girl. She just stood there looking all innocent.

"Hey...Marcus." I said a little awkward. A little? No wait. A lot.

"Yeah it's him." Joe murmured beside me. No shit, Sherlock. "Who's she?" Joe asked Marcus with no doubt and his eyes looking at the girl who was with Marcus.

"Uh...Jess, these are Joe and Chrissy. Joe and Chrissy, this is...Jess. My...girlfriend." He said making me surprised.

"Your what?!" Joe and I said in unison. Wow. Did he even really like me? I guess he just likes everyone, huh? All of the sudden, Joe punched Marcus on his jaw. I had no idea what was that for.

"Joe! Stop it!" I tried to separated him from Marcus. But that was no use. I mean have you seen their biceps? Enough said.

"What makes you think you can tell my girl you like her and started dating some random chick?" He said really pissed. He did that for me? That was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done to me. Marcus stood up and punched Joe back. Jay stopped him this time. Wait no. Jen. No no. Jeremy? Jonathan? No. She looks like a girl. Jam? Maybe that's it.

"She's maybe just some random chick to you but she's my chick."

"So you were just playing around with Chrissy?" Joe was ready to punch Marcus again but before he got to do that, I held his arm stopping him from making Marcus's wound getting even worse.

"Joe! Enough!" How much ever I loved watching him doing that, people were watching us like crazy. Did I say I loved watching him doing that? I mean, taking care of me. Not punching Marcus... "It's okay, Joe." I whispered at him.

"No, it's not okay. Why are you acting so cool about this?" Joe said a little yelling at me.

"Because she likes you." Marcus said.

"What?" Again, Joe and I said in unison. What was he talking about? Joe looked at me and I shook my head continuously telling him that I don't like him. Or do I? I don't even know but I don't think I do.

"Who told you so?" I said really confused.

"No one has to tell me. I can see it. And so do you, Joe." He said with his bruised mouth.

"Okay, you're probably drunk or something. But whatever. You've hurt her." Joe said.

"I'm sorry. I just don't think she'll ever like me. I gotta go now." He smiled and took Jess's hand and held it as he walked over Joe and I. And I think I heard him saying "I'll explain everything." to his girl. Just when I thought I was starting to like him.

"What just happened?" I tried to break the awkward moment.

"I don't know. But...do you really like me?" He asked. I giggled knowing that he really took what Marcus said seriously.

"You really thought about it?" I laughed.

"Right. I'm sorry." He chuckled. "But..."

"Look, Joe. You're the brother that I've never had." I said to him. "It'll be strange for me to like you. Don't you think?"

"Yeah. You're right. I'm sorry."

"Thank you, anyway for...the punch" I giggled. I'm really glad my dad let me stay with Zoe and Joe. Or else, no one would ever stood up for me like what Joe did. I've always wanted a brother. And finally now, it feels like I have one.

"It's just...I hate him. Why would he do such a thing? It was like...what? A week after he said he likes you?" I nodded with a smile. "Don't smile. You're a victim of love."

"You stood up for me. You're a good guy. Thank you." I smirked at him

"You don't have to thank me. It's my job to protect you. I will always be here for you, Chrissy." He smiled and kissed the top of my head.

"Oh my God. Marcus was right. You like me." I teased him and laughed.

"Shut up!" He laughed and hit my head playfully. "Come on. Let's go home."

"Can we get some ice creams first?" I asked hopefully with my puppy eyes.

"Chrissy! My left eye is bruised and you're still thinking about ice cream?!" He shook his head out of disbelief. What can I say? I love ice creams.

"Real fast I promise."

"Okay, little girl. Come on." He wrapped his arms around my neck as we walked to an ice cream parlor.

We go to that ice cream parlor at least every weekend since it's just 2 blocks away from our apartment. We even know all the workers there quiet well.

"Chrissy!" I walked in and a good looking guy already greeted me happily. "Zoe told me what happened to you. I'm sorry." He said with a frown. He is a good guy. I even once had a crush on him. Long story.

"Hey, Bryce! And yeah it's okay. Thanks." I smiled.

"But wait...I didn't know Joe got a punch too?"

"He just got into a fight a few minutes ago." I laughed and petted Joe's head like a kid.

"Classic Joe." Bryce chuckled and headed right away to get two cones and got us our usual ice cream flavors without even asking.

"Cookies and cream for the lady." I took the ice cream from his hand and mouthed thank you. "And chocolate peanut butter for my guy, Joe. I hope that bruise will be gone before the day." He grinned at Joe who looked kind of terrified as he looked at me.

"I'm sorry, what day again?" I asked Bryce but he looked at Joe. "What did I miss?"

"Chrissy, I was about to..." Joe tried to talk but then I put my hands in front of his face telling him to shut up and looked at Bryce and waited for his explanation.

"Speak up, Bryce." I assured him.

"Well..." He widened his eyes at Joe and Joe shook his head. What was he hiding from me?

---

Hey, guys...eh...yeah...why am I so awkward?! Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! And vote if you did enjoy it because you're awesome!