Chapter 26

So last night, Bryce told me basically everything. He told me that my best friend is going to marry his beloved fiancée next month. Next. Month. And this month is about to end. To say I was surprised would be an understatement. I couldn't even swallow my ice cream that already touched my throat. I mean, I know, they'll be married at the end of the day but next month? Isn't it a little too fast? Or is it just me? I don't even know anymore.

Bryce though looked kind of guilty for telling me and tried to comfort me which obviously didn't do the best job.

After I convinced Bryce that I'd be alright to walk back to the apartment by myself, I ran and locked the room before dropping myself on the bed. I felt tears rushing down my face until sleep took over and here I am now. Swollen eyes, red nose. I could barely open my eyes this morning.

Zoe hadn't came back from the hospital so it was only me. I was glad though so no one would caught me crying over the news.

Once I calmed all my nerves under the shower, I dropped myself on the couch and turned on the tv. I thought it was a good time to catch up on How I Met Your Mother and so I did. It was that episode when Lily mistook Ted's list of last things to do in New York as his speech and finally found that he was moving out to Chicago.

As much as I hate to realise it, why does it relate to me so much? Robin marrying Barney when Ted's in love with her. It's just a matter of gender but it's like this show is telling me something. Should I do it? Is it like an answer from God?

I ran to my room to pick up my phone and decided to call Joey.

After a few rings. He finally picked up, "hello?" His voice sounded a little raspy. Maybe he just woke up?

"Hey, Joey. It's me. Did I wake you up?"

"Oh hey, Chrissy. No no. I should've woken up hours ago. So thank you." He chuckled wholeheartedly. "So...is there anything you wanted to talk about or..."

"Can I meet you?" I asked him.

"Sure. You want me to go to the hospital?"

"No. I'll go to your hotel if that's okay?"

"Let me just pick you up, okay? Half an hour top."

"Okay. Thank you, Joey." I hung up and walked to my wardrobe and decided to just put on a black A-line skirt and a tanktop but covered it with a maroon sweater. Once I was done, I covered my beautifully ruined eyes with some concealer, put on a little more make up, and slipped my feet into my black flats.

A few minutes after pacing back and fourth in the living room thinking whether or not it's the best thing to do, someone knocked the door. I grabbed my purse and opened the door to greet Joey.

"Thanks for coming, Joey." I smiled at him.

"No problem. So what is it?"

"I'll...tell you later. Now come on." I stepped outside and locked the door before walking with Joey by my side to the lift.

Once we were in Joey's car, again, his curious side forced me to spill the beans. "So?" He started but I didn't flinch. "Chrissy, come on. What did you want to talk about?"

I sighed and turned my head around to face him, "Can I come with you?"

"Where?"

"LA?" He was taken aback with my words. His jaw dropped, but that didn't stop him from asking more questions.

"What? Why?"

"I-I want to see my dad." The lie came out of my mouth.

"Chrissy..."