Chapter 29

Have you ever been in that moment when you feel like you're surrounded by tons of crowd yet you don't know what to say nor do because those people are not more than strangers?

Well, here I am. Sitting on one of six wooden chairs around the wooden dining table. The 3 other chairs were occupied and one was moved aside leaving a room for the baby feeding highchair for Samantha, dad's and Stella's daughter.

"So, Chrissy, how's London?" Dad tried to break the ice cold moment.

I swallowed a spoonful of Coco Pops before answering, "nothing's changed drastically. Still nice like old times." Who was I kidding? I missed my old time with mom and dad in it.

He swallowed his last spoon of omelette. "Alright. I guess I'll leave now." Dad stood up with his plate and dropped it in the sink. He walked back to Stella and pecked a quick kiss on her lips then turned to me. "Enjoy your day, honey. Call me if you need anything or you can ask Sebastian." I glanced at Sebastian who was rolling his eyes.

"I'll be fine, dad. Take care." He walked to me to kiss my forehead and did the same to Sebastian and Samantha then left for work.

Now I believe this is where the fun starts.

Sebastian was at school by now and Stella went to do her job. She's a wedding planner. She had a tough week since there's a big wedding coming up next week so I believe she was stressing out right now. As for Samantha, well, her mom dropped her by the day care. I guess she hadn't trusted me well with her. I mean who would trust their stepdaughter who's they're never once made a conversation with?

I spent the whole day being the lazy person I am. I stared at my phone screen and what really surprising was that no one had called me. Not that I was expecting their concerns but...well, maybe I secretly do. Should I call Zoe? At least just so I know how Joe's doing. But hell that's why I moved out. I need to get rid of my stupid crush. But I missed them!

I pulled out my phone and dialled Zoella's phone number. After a few rings, the one and only voice I thought I'd never hear again called my name from the other line.

"Chrissy?" I stayed still. I couldn't let out a word. "Chrissy, is that you? Hey, it's me Joe." Being the stupid person I was, I pulled my phone away from my ear and shoved it to my pocket. I could only hope he'd think it was only a pocket call.

After awhile, I pulled out my phone again and the call was already ended, thankfully. I then went downstairs and took a seat on the couch after turning the tv on. Two episodes of Sherlock later, the front door opened and the oh so cool guy walked through it with his backpack slinging on his left arm.

"Hello." I greeted him. Maybe, just maybe, I could do one thing right today.

"Hey?" He turned to look at me.

"Come here." I patted the spot next to me. He furrowed his eyebrows at first but then did as I told him to.

"Why are you talking to me?" He asked once he was awkwardly seated next to me.

"Can't I?" He shrugged then stared at the tv. "Can I ask you a question?" He turned his head back to me and raised his thick eyebrows. "Why do you hate me?"

"I don't hate you."

"Oh, please. We've literally only met once before at the wedding and we've never talked."

"Okay. For starter, I'm not the friendliest person. I don't get along with new people so well. Plus the fact that you're my step sister doesn't help. You can count with your fingers the number step-siblings who like spending time with each other."

"Well, can't we try being friends? We're practically living together now."

"Acquaintance." He stated firmly and turned back to the tv. Okay. If that's what I can get. "One question. Why you didn't move here with your dad? Or just visit him?"