Chapter 30

"Where've you guys been? You missed dinner." Stella surprised us just right as we came into the house. She was sitting by the couch with Samantha who was playing on the ground under her supervision.

I checked on the clock on my phone and it was already a few minutes after eight. The street was packed since it was Friday night so we came home late.

"Well, did you leave us some?" Sebastian answered nonchalantly and I bit my bottom lip stopping myself from laughing. The dork was still trying to pull out the bad boy act, I see.

"Yeah," Stella rolled her eyes, "it's in the refrigerator. You're going to have to heat it."

"I'll do it." I said. "Go get change." I shoved Sebby away to the stairs and walked back into the kitchen.

I took out a big bowl of mac n cheese from the refrigerator and savoured the smell of it while making my way to the microwave.

"So what did you guys do?" Stella called from the living room which wasn't that far from where I was.

"We went to The Groove. Trying to get to know each other better." I answered, putting the bowl into the microwave and setting the time.

"Did he behave?" She asked once I walked out of the kitchen and faced her. She looked a little taken aback.

"Yeah" I nodded, "he's a nice boy." I chuckled. I then took a seat on the ground next to Samantha. She eyed me confusedly and so I smiled, "Hey, Samantha."

"Hey." She greeted me back inaudibly, backing away to her mom.

Well, ouch. Was I really that scary?

Stella chuckled but then picked her up and sat her on her laps. "Her name's Chrissy. Chrissy here is your sister." She explained slowly.

"I have a sister?" Sam's eyes widened slightly and I could see the smile forming on her lips. And it was contagious. "Do you want to have a tea party with me?" She asked me hopefully. The word 'yes' was on the tip of my tongue but I knew it must be her bed time.

"We'll play tomorrow, okay? Now you need to sleep. It's late." I told her, kneeling down in front of her. I stroke her blonde locks and she nodded her little head eagerly.

"Mommy, let's go to bed!" She begged, tugging on Stella's shirt.

Stella shook her head in amusement and stood up with Sam on her hands. "If you need me, I'll be in Sam's room, okay?" She informed me and I nodded with a smile.

"Bye, Chrissy! We'll play tomorrow!" Samantha chirped. I couldn't help but chuckle at her adorable behaviour.

"I promise we will!" I called back just right when the microwave beeped.

I jogged back to the kitchen and again, savoured the smell that made my mouth watered. I took the bowl out of the magic box and put it on the dining table.

"Is it ready yet?" Sebby asked, walking down the stairs.

"Mhm." I mumbled. I grabbed two bowls along with the silverwares and placed those on the table.

"Ooh mac n cheese." The dork cheered.

"So where will you bring the lady to tomorrow night?" I asked once we were seated on our seats, enjoying our treats. (Ooh that rhymes.)

"Shit. I haven't thought about it yet." I looked at him amused. He really did look terrified. "Where should I take her to?" He asked me.

"What does she like?"

"The hell if I know. That was the first time I've ever talked to her." I was deep in thought for a moment before coming up with an idea.

"Take her to the zoo!" I blurted out.