Chapter 18

Joe's POV

I saw Chrissy on the sidewalk with someone and I pulled up just right next to her and so did the police. The guy turned around and it was no one but Joey. Of course.

Really though, how did he get here before me? Maybe my job's done? Maybe Joey is more capable of protecting Chrissy than I do? Maybe Chrissy should just end up with Joey already? Yeah, maybe.

"Keep your head up, Joe." Zoe said before she got out of the car. What does she mean by that? Does she know? Is it too obvious that I like Chrissy?

I sighed and walked out. Chrissy saw me and ran towards me then hugged me tightly. God, how I wish I could stay in this position for the rest of my life.

"Thank you, Joe." She said looking up at me.

"I'm so sorry, Chrissy. I shouldn't let you stay in the car. I'm sorry for being so stupid."

"No, Joe. I was being stubborn. I shouldn't force you to tell me."

"No. It was my fault."

"Shht. You didn't do anything wrong, okay?"

"But..."

"Okay?" I nodded and she smiled.

"Sir, please take him with you and never let him get away. Promise me." Chrissy let go of me as she heard Joey said that to the officers. They laughed and took Mike with them.

"It's not over." Mike said before he got into the police car.

"I'm sorry to tell you it's over, sir." One of the officer said and they finally drove away after asking Chrissy some questions.

"Today was quiet a tough day." Yeah and it was all because of stupid me. I'm sorry, Chrissy.

Chrissy's POV

"So...ready to go home?" Zoe asked the rest of us.

"Actually..." I took a quick glance at Joey who was looking down at that moment and back at Zoe and Joe. "You guys just go. I have a date to attend." I saw Zoe smiling but Joe just nodded. I do really want this date, right? Yes. I think I do.

"Chrissy, it's okay." Joey came closer to me and said "You need to take a rest. I know you're tired. We can do it some other times."

"No, Joey. I need at least one good thing after this crazy day. Unless...you have another thing to do..."

"Noo. No. Of course I'll go. But...I don't have any car with me now..." He said hesitantly.

"So? Let's just walk." I smiled and he smiled back at me.

"Okay, you two love birds go have some fun." Zoe said interrupting our little staring competition. "Don't forget to use protection."

"Zoella!" Joey and I both yelled as she giggled. I swear this girl.

"Okay then. Come on, Joseph. Let's leave those two alone." Joe took a last glance at me and got into his car. I waved at both of them until they finally disappeared.

"So...where do you want to go?" He asked me and before I could answer his question, my stomach did it to me... "Well that answers it all." He laughed so hard that I could feel my cheeks started to change colours. It was so embarrassing for first date but hey don't blame me. I hadn't eaten all day. "God, you're so cute. Let's get some foods." He put his arm around my neck as we walked down the street.

"Joey" I called up and he looked down at me. "I'm sorry to ruin your vacation." He furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head.

"What are you talking about? I'm glad that I'm here so that I could help. Don't you ever think that you ruin anything."

"I don't know. I feel like I'm only putting weights on people. On you, Joe, Zoe and everyone else if that matters."

"No, Chrissy. You're a nice girl. Anyone, and I do mean anyone would do anything to help you because they know you'd do just the same." I smiled and stared at his dazzling eyes.

"Thank you, Joey." He smiled and nodded. I'm like the luckiest person alive. Thank you, God. For every single person that you let me get close with. Thank you for Joey, all my beautiful friends, for Zoella, and of course, for Joe.

"Let's get some pizza now, shall we?" I nodded with big eyes and he chuckled at my childish way of saying yes.

Joe's POV

I stopped the car on the parking lot and saw Zoe was about to get out until I stopped her.

"Zoe." She turned her head at me.

"Yeah, Joe?"

"Umm...the thing that you said earlier..." She chuckled and sat back at her seat and closed the door back. "What did you mean with that?"

"What exactly did I say?"

"You said something like 'keep your head up' or something similar."

"So it's true then." She smiled. I furrowed my eyebrows not sure of what she meant by true. "I know you've always loved Chrissy and nothing in a sisterly way."

"Is it that obvious?"

"First of all, I'm your sister. So you're asking the wrong person. And second of all, yeah I think it is. You've showed it for years now."

"But I think she really likes Joey. What should I do?"

She shrugged and said "There's something that you're forgetting. The real question is what would you do with Jeanette?"

Right. Jeanette.

--------

Hey.........

So did you guys enjoy it? I hope you did. And if so, I hope you'll vote because you guys are awesome!

And thank you for those who've been waiting for this chapter. It really means a lot :)