Chapter 27

Before we get to the chapter, I just want to let you know that I made a few changes on the last couple of chapters. You might want to re-read it so you won't get confused but you can skip the re-reading part and just go on with this fun. But you've been warned! Haha no but seriously. It's up to you. I hope you'd still get it even you don't read the last chapters.

And I'm sorry if it's late!

So here you go. Chapter 27!

---

After I found Bryce standing by the door, I told him to come in and sit on the couch in the living room.

I jogged to the kitchen to grab a glass of water and handed it to a shaking Bryce.

"Here drink it." He tilted his head back and let the water immediately slip down his throat not leaving a drop of water then put the glass down on the coffee table. "Calm down, Bryce. Tell me what happened."

"Jeanette happened." Jeanette? Bryce actually knows her? But how? As if I said it out loud, Bryce continued, answering my unspoken questions. "A few weeks ago she came down to the ice cream parlour. Somehow she found out about my feeling for Chrissy and we made a deal. No, she made a deal and I dumbly agreed to her." He said emphasising the word she. That does sound like Jeanette.

"What deal?"

"She made me told Chrissy everything and make her leave Joe so she can have Joe fully and...I can have Chrissy." He dropped his head and buried it on his hands out of frustration.

"Everything?"

"The engagement, the wedding..." What?!

"You told her about the wedding?!"

"I did last night. But then I regretted it. She looked like she could chug down three bottles of vodka at that very moment." Good thing Chrissy doesn't drink.

I felt bad. I didn't even dare telling Chrissy the whole thing and here Jeanette easily told Bryce to tell her everything? I mean I knew she was crazy but I didn't know she was this insane. And look at Bryce now. Taking all the blames. That creature seriously didn't come with a heart.

"You did it all just for Chrissy? Do you even think Chrissy would want to be with you once she found out about this all?"

"I know she won't. That's where I'm wrong. I didn't think that far. Hell, I didn't even think. And...she also promised to help me with my tuition. God I'm such an asshole!" He punched the couch throwing all his emotions in the punch. Typical Jeanette. Solve things with money.

"Bryce, it's not your fault."

"Not my fault? Zoe, I screwed up big time."

"I know but you can't blame yourself. For all I know, it's that satanic Barbie's fault." I said and he let out a slight chuckle at the nickname. Well, it suits her.

"Yeah. I'm sorry it's just...what do I do?" Right. What do we do now? In the end, Joe needs to break up with the devil but how?

"I'll tell you what. We'll go to the hospital tomorrow morning and clear things up, okay?"

"Okay."

"And for tonight, go get some sleep. You look horrible." I joked trying to break the ice and I think I did a pretty good job. He laughed and nodded. Bryce then walked out of the room after saying thank you, leaving me all alone.

Once I was alone, I couldn't help but think. So Chrissy knew about the wedding. Why did she act all calm at the hospital? Knowing her and her feeling, she usually ends up mopping all day in her room not giving anyone a chance to calm her down or maybe skating away to God knows where. Unless...she comes up with her own idea which is never rational.