Chapter 16

Joe's POV

"Joe!!!" I heard Zoe shouted from outside of my room waking me up from my deep sleep.

"God, Zoe. What happened?" I rubbed my eyes and realised that Zoe was seriously panic like she just found a... "Where's the dead body?"

"Worse. I can't find Chrissy anywhere." Chrissy...Chrissy...OH GOD!

I ran, shoving Zoe out of my way. I grabbed my blanket with me -she might need it later- and ran all the way to the parking lot. I should've known that she meant what she said. Not only a bad fiancé, I'm also the worst best friend.

I shoved everyone away until I reached my car to find no one inside it. The door to the passenger seat wasn't locked or I think someone might have broke it.

Where could Chrissy be? Could she be in a trouble? No. No, Joe. Stop it.

"Joe!" I turned my head around to find Zoe running towards me holding my phone. "She's not here." She said with tears running down her face that terrified the shit out of me. She handed me my phone that showed a one word text from Chrissy that explained everything.

'Mike'

He must've found her. Why won't he quit already? And why is he so good at it?!

"We'll find her. Trust me." I assured Zoe. I wasn't in any way sure but I needed to be the strong one. At least in front of Zoe.

"How?! And why did she sleep in the car anyway? What did you do this time?"

"I don't know what had gotten into me, Zoe. Just...I'll call the police."

"Joe! What did you do?"

"I told you I don't know!" I snapped at her but soon stopped as I realised I was the one who's wrong. I created the mess. You're stupid, Joe. You let a girl that you love left alone in a parking lot and now, look what you did. "I'm sorry. I guess I was being stubborn and all. Let's talk about it later. There's a whole worse thing happening now." I left Zoe to the apartment and dialled 999. I didn't even know where they were at the moment. I didn't know where Mike took her. All I knew was that I hate Mike and I wanted Chrissy to be back and apologise for every single stupid things I did.

I told the police everything that I knew and they needed to know. How Chrissy fell asleep in the car, the text that she sent me, and things that Mike has ever done to her before. I just hoped they could help to just at least find Chrissy.

I tried to call Chrissy over and over again but she didn't pick up the phone. Well, of course she wouldn't. The guy must've took over her phone.

I saw Zoe reached out her phone and dialled a number.

"Who are you calling?" I asked her.

"I'm telling Joey."

"What? No!"

"Why? He deserves to know. He told me that he was supposed to take her out tonight."

"But..."

"Joe, I'm telling him." She cut me off and took her eyes back to her phone. "And you better tell Daniel."

Why? Does she really want Chrissy to move out? But why? I know, it's not save here but Chrissy doesn't even want to leave England. Moreover, I won't let her stay for hours in the plane by herself.

A few moments later, the bell rang. It was the officers and so I let them in.

"Would you tell us what happened?" One of the officers said while taking a seat in the living room.

"My friend, Chrissy, she fell asleep in the car last night. Don't ask why. And I really forgot about it. This morning, I ran all the way to my car to find her but she wasn't there. And the lock was broken. Then, when I checked my phone, she texted me." I took my phone and showed them the text that Chrissy sent me.

"Okay so, who's this Mike guy?"

"He's her ex but he kind of stalks her now. We were in a vacation in USA a few weeks ago and he was there out of nowhere and was trying to...rape Chrissy. Sir, please help me find her."

"Relax. We'll try to do our best." He said while taking notes of things. "What about her family?"

"Her dad's in Los Angeles. And that's it."

"Okay so have you tried to call her number or anything? Because we're lacking of informations here."

"I did, yeah. But no answer." I tried dialling Chrissy's number again in front of the officers but yeah. Still no answer.

It didn't take long until my phone rang. It was an unknown number. I soon answered it.

"Hello?"

"Joe, help me!"

"Chrissy?!" My eyes widened. It was her and I could tell she was panting. "Where are you?"

"Somewhere around Cleveland street. I'm not sure. Please hurry up."

"I will. Find a save place and wait for me." She hang up and so I told the polices what Chrissy told me. I called up Zoe and we hurried out of the apartment to the parking lot.

I followed the police car with Zoe by my side. I need to find Chrissy. I'm nothing without her. And I promised Daniel and also myself that I will protect her and won't let her get hurt. I will keep my words until the day I die.

"Joe, are you sure she's okay?" Zoe asked me with tears still rolling down her cheeks.

"I'm sure she will." I smiled ruefully at her trying hard to assure her. But I'm sure Chrissy will be fine or I won't forgive myself. Ever.

Chrissy's POV

"Mike, what are you doing? This is all wrong."

"Chrissy, honey, I'm sorry for what I did. But you do realise that you've never satisfied me, right? We've never had sex and so I thought I deserve a night with someone who'd do just that with me." I furrowed my eyes out of disbelief of what he just said. I thought he was different but I was wrong. Joe has always been right about Mike. He only wanted me for sex. How could I be so blind about it?

"I need a toilet."

"You think I'm stupid?" He chuckled. "I know you just want to run and find your Prince Charming."

"Well, I do think you're stupid." He chuckled even more and stopped the car in a gas station which has a public toilet.

"Go ahead. I've tracked your phone anyway. You won't go that far." Wow...so all these times..."I told you I'm not that stupid." Well, you're stupid for telling me, jackass.

I went out of the car and walked to the rest room trying to look all calm although my heart was beating like crazy.

I need to get out of here. Soon.

------

Guys, seriously. Blame my school! I should be studying for more exams to come tomorrow but I chose you to post a chapter in case you were looking for it :/ so here it is. I hope you guys liked it and if you did, vote because you're awesome!

P.s. Thanks for those who's been waiting for more. It means a lot! :)