Chapter 36

"Chrissy?" Joe shook my shoulder once I hung up. "Chrissy, talk to me. Who was that?"

Joe probably had already forgotten about the whole Mike chaos happened. He probably even forgot that Mike was back in my life after so long. How was I going to tell him? He was going to freak out and I didn't want to ruin our moment. I couldn't breakdown. Not now. I, myself, had to and would face Mike and put him back to where he belong.

I told Joe that it was only Zoe, asking how we've been. He didn't buy it though but I refused to say anything more. After awhile, my phone went off again. I took a deep breathe but soon let it out in relief as I saw Sebby's silly picture on my phone screen that he put himself.

"Hey." I held up a finger, telling Joe to stop talking.

"Babe! How are you? Are you okay? How's the airport? Is Joe being annoying?" Sebby asked all those questions in a matter of seconds, almost not giving me a chance to answer.

"I just left like 30 minutes ago. I'm not even in the airplane yet."

"But-"

"Look," I cut him off, stealing glances at a scowling Joe. "I can't talk right now. I'll call you once I landed in London, okay?"

"That's like a day away!" He whined.

"You're being over dramatic. I'll call you."

He paused for a moment but then asked me something that I wish he hadn't notice. "Are you okay? You sound weird." I hate lying to people that I love. Having to lie to Joe was killing me already.

"Yeah." I answered immediately, dodging away guilty thoughts. "Why wouldn't I be okay? I'm hanging up. Love you."

"Love you too." I smiled and hung up. I turned my head back to continue what I was talking about with Joe but all the words died in my tongue as my eyes locked with his glare that made my body shuddered.

What did I do wrong?

"What?" I asked him, confused.

"Who the hell was that?" He snapped at me. It took me awhile until I finally raised my eyebrows, smirking at his cuteness, his adorableness. "What?" He furrowed his eyebrows now being the one who was confused.

"Are you jealous?" He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest. He turned his head away once I chuckled. Well, you can't blame me. My boyfriend really was adorable. "I've seen you being jealous once. You're jealous." I pointed out.

"I am not jealous." He said without looking at me.

"Hey." I poked his cheek but he only swatted my hand away. Okay, that was harsh. "What if I tell you that it was Sebby?" He snapped his head around to face me, his eyebrows now raised. I shrugged and imitated him, crossing my arms and turned my head away. Only, I couldn't help but smile.

"Chrissy." He now poked my cheek over and over again and I swatted his hand away, still trying to hide my smile. "Come on. I'm sorry. I thought you secretly have a Californian boyfriend." I bit the inside my cheeks, trying not to blush when he replaced his finger that was poking my cheek with his soft lips. After awhile, he stopped and said with a grin on his face. "Your cheeks are all red." Dammit, cheeks.

"No they're not." I mumbled, completely embarrassed.

"Right, they're not." He chuckled, kissing my cheek once again. "I love you." He whispered to my ear.

I turned my whole body around on the seat to hide my now burning face from him before mumbling again, "I hate you."

You think I should've gotten over all the butterflies whenever he does all those cheeky stuffs he always does but you're dead wrong. Those butterflies seemed to bring all their little winged friends and have a little party in my stomach. And boy, I hate it.