Chapter 40

I am in love with wattpad app's updates! This one is the best by far though.

Anyway, here's chapter 40 for you guys! (Oh and it's kind of rated-R. Kind of. I don't know...I'd say it is but most of you would probably say it is not...)

Enjoy!

---

Joe's POV

"What do you mean she might be with Mike?" I had been pacing back and forth in the living room for the past fifteen minutes, freakin out about Chrissy's whereabouts.

And it didn't help a bit when Zoe told me he might be with Mike. The Mike that used to date Chrissy back in high school. The same Mike who made her lock herself in her room for days when she found out he cheated on her.

What is he doing back? And with Chrissy. Are they back together without me knowing? But why would Chrissy say yes when I asked her to be my girlfriend if she had something going on with that heartless creature?

"Joe, please, calm down." Zoe said to me.

"Calm down?" I stopped to see her wincing. "Zoe, my girlfriend is out there in the middle of a night doing God knows what with her ex and you want me to calm down?" She then looked at me like I'd just spilled a jar of Nutella.

"Whoa, do you seriously think Chrissy would cheat on you with that creep?" Wait, what? Shouldn't I think that way? How creepy ever Mike was, he was still Chrissy's ex boyfriend, right? Now I was the one who looked at her like she'd just licked out the Nutella. "Joe! Sit down, now!" She demanded but before I could move a foot, my phone rang loudly and I immediately picked it up.

"Hello?" I said eagerly, hoping for it to be Chrissy but sighed as I heard the voice on the other line.

"Joe, is my Chrissy there? I've been trying to call her but-"

"Not now, Seb." I cut him off, afraid that I would yell on him. "I'll call you later, okay?"

"But what hap-" before he could finish his question, I ended the call and took a seat next to Zoe.

"Who was that?" My phone went off again but I soon set it on silent and ignored Sebastian's calls.

"Chrissy's brother." I put my phone away and turned to see Zoe who was staring at me. "What?"

"They deserve to know."

"Know what?" My fists met the couch and I stood back up. "I don't even know what's going on!"

"Mike tried to rape Chrissy!" Zoe blurted out and I could feel my eyes trying to jump out of their sockets. He did what? "Twice." Oh shit. "And for now, I don't even want to know what he's going to-" I couldn't even listen to whatever Zoe was trying to say. I grabbed my phone and car keys then soon walked out the door. "Where are you going?" Zoe shouted out.

"To find my girlfriend." Without another word, she followed me out and we got into my car. "Why didn't you fucking tell me earlier!"

"She didn't want you to know. She wants to handle it herself." I sighed in defeat.

What were you thinking, Chrissy? I thought to myself. Or better yet, why did you even think about it? Not telling me about Mike?

Now where should I find you? Where could you be on this earth? Are you even okay? I can't lose you. Especially, not when I just got you.

When I reached a red light, I pulled my phone out and dialled Sebastian's number.

"Joe? What the hell happened?!" He asked after one beep.