Chapter 25

"Hey" he smirked weakly.

"Hey" I smiled shyly.

"Hey" his smirk got even wider.

"Hey" my cheek got even hotter.

We've been doing this for the past 3 minutes. Just saying hey to each other without any other word came out of both our mouths. Pretty strange but oddly, I enjoyed it so bad.

But much to my dismay... "Okay, we can stop." Sigh. Maybe he didn't find it entertaining like I did? "But you have to admit it's kind of fun." He chuckled. Oh yes. Fun indeed.

"So how are you doing?" He asked me.

Well, you see, Joe. I started going out with Joey a few days ago and after my first date, my best friend left me for the sake of his lovely fiancée. Since then, I'd never met him again and my life turned miserably awful. I guess it was extremely obvious, that even Joey himself found out about my stupid feeling for my long gone best friend and so we kind of broke up -although we weren't officially a couple, but still. So now, let's see. I have no boyfriend, my crush is engaged, everyone knows about my feeling but my crush himself, and there's a creeper chasing after me. So you tell me how I am doing.

But of course, instead of saying out any of those, "I'm pretty good. You know, same old." that's what I said with a slight chuckle. "Now what about you? What brought you...here?"

I saw he closed his eyes probably trying to remember what happened with him but apparently, he couldn't think of any.

"You know, let's leave it." I said. He opened his eyes and smiled appreciatively at me.

We kept on talking about what we've missed about each other, about life and all those simple talks. We laughed and laughed until one moment we just stared at each other's eyes, remembering old times.

"Do you remember that boy who kept complimenting your look every single mornings in senior year?" I chuckled remembering that one certain overly nice nerdy boy.

"Samuel Carson. How can I forget?" I chuckled at the memory.

"You know maybe it'd be better if you chose him instead of the jerk." Maybe I was so stupid back then. Mike instead of Sam? Where was your brain, Chrissy? Obviously, it wasn't anywhere in your head.

"Oh come on. I was stupid I know. But what about you, big boy? Remember that one cliché cheerleader who never stopped on trying to get you in the janitor's room?" I smirked widely. I could see his cheeks turning bright red.

"Clearly I was that attractive, eh?" He replied playfully and I just rolled my eyes at him before laughing again. Well, what was I supposed to say? "Yes"? Haha really funny.

Just as our laughs faded, someone opened the door carefully. "Chrissy, I'm going...Joe?" Joey's eyes widened in surprise as he saw Joe who was definitely awake. "What...how...when did..."

"Calm down, Joey." I laughed at his funny expression. He finally laughed too, closed the door behind him, and walked towards the bed.

"I'm glad you're awake, Joe." Joey smiled at him and Joe smiled back.

"Anyway, what is it that you wanted to tell me?" I asked Joey.

"Oh right. I was about to go back to the hotel since it's getting pretty late. Are you okay with that?"

"Of course it's fine. Will you come back?"

"Yeah, I will." He stepped closer to me and leaned his head to the side of mine and whispered to my ears, "and I'm so gonna win our bet." He stepped back and smirked down at me.