Chapter 13

Chrissy's POV

I woke up in the morning with my head pounding like crazy. I had been crying for like the whole night. I know silly me. But why would Joe do that? What made him think that it's fine to not tell me a thing? Scratch that. It's not just 'a thing'. He's engaged. It's a huge thing. Was he tired of me? Tired of our friendship? Tired of being honest with me? Does these years of friendship mean nothing to him?

Seeing Joe will never be the same. Underline, bold, italic on the word 'never'. Even if one day we'd talk again, it still wouldn't be the same. I mean, the fact that MAYBE I like him is still haunting me. I know I shouldn't. Moreover he's happily engaged now. But you can't help your own feelings, right? But no. I can't. I can't fall for him. Not until the day a panda gives birth to a monkey.

I walked out to get some breakfast but then I saw Joe having his breakfast in the living room. I turned around to make my way back to my room not wanting to see him.

"You have got to be kidding me." He said stopping me. "Chrissy, we can't be like this. I don't want things to be odd between us." Well that's not gonna work, handso...Joe. I turned back around and walked to the kitchen to pour some cereals and milk into a bowl, still ignoring him. "Chrissy!" He yelled and I finally raised my head to soon meet his perfect eyes. God, I can't be in love with him! "Seriously? You're going to just ignore me like this forever?" I shrugged and back to my cereal. "Chrissy, I need you to help me with my bruise. You're the one who's always willing to do that." Not a good reason, Joe. He walked to where I was. Talking to my back. "I'm sorry. I'm genuinely sorry. I was going to tell you yesterday when I asked you out for a walk. It was still late I know but what should I do?" He stopped with his words. "Right. What should I do?" He continued more enthusiastically. "Chrissy, I'd do anything that'll make you forgive me. Please." I know he just wouldn't stop begging so I turned myself around to face him. My legs weakened as I saw his beautiful face. Why? Why now, Chrissy? He's freaking engaged!

What should I do? I mean, I don't want to do this, keep ignoring him, but I have a reason to do that. A reason that I'll never know how to tell him. A reason that I will never let him know. A stupid reason that ruins everything. I won't be doing this if it wasn't him. I shook my head and walked back to my room leaving him. Maybe life would be better if I just moved with dad to America.

Joe's

Chrissy has been ignoring me this whole day. Why does it kill me so bad? Everything's so messed up. I miss talking to her, I miss going out with her, I miss looking at her beautiful eyes, I miss her laugh, I just miss her so much. Why can't she forgive me? I know what I did was so stupid but I can't stand her ignoring me and I've said my sorry.

She left me back to her room after my stupid speeches. God yes, I just realized it was so stupid. 'I need you to help me with my bruise'? Are you kidding me, Joe?

What should I do now? I mean, it was just 6 more days until I move out with Jeanette. I wanted those 6 last days living with her to be my best days but how?

I went to her room after I heard her door closed. I knocked on her door and called her name over and over again but still, no answer.

"Chrissy, I know you're in there. I know you're listening to me. So please, open the door. Let me talk to you. I miss you. We're best friends, Chrissy. I can't go a day without talking to you." I couldn't believe she didn't open the door. I know she was listening. I know her too well. She thinks people who don't listen to others while talking is rude. She would never do that. Unless she's really mad...which she is now...but no. I doubt that she's not listening.

I waited for her in front of her door sitting on the floor. I looked dumb but whatever I don't really care. Without realising it, I fell asleep there, I didn't get much sleep last night because of these things happening.