Chapter 7

“Are you seriously out of your mind? I mean are you the runaway mouse my brothers fell for? Like seriously?” A girl, speaking with attitude, sat beside me on the train seat. She was probably of Stacy’s age. She looked like a supermodel just out of Victoria’s Secret. Her hair was pretty blonde, with pink streaks, pixie cut. She was wearing an overcoat which was definitely out of Versace’s Limited edition and Gucci boots.  Definitely a Parker. “By the way, I’m Jane, Alex’s and Jake’s sister. You haven’t met me. I just came from New York today. I saw everything that happened at the ball. Stacy’s a bitch. But look at you! So brave of you to run away from everything and let her win! Cheers!”

I looked up at her, irritated, with tears still dripping down my eyes. “You don’t know anything, so shut up, will you?”

“Yeah but I know that running away from all this wouldn’t help anybody. My brothers love you and I won’t let you cause pain to any of them. You are coming with me and sorting it all out. And look at you, what the hell are you wearing? Ew..you picked it up from what? The loser’s store?” She accused me.

“Seriously, with all this happening, you care about my clothes?”

“Fine. Your life. Wreck it the way you want. But not my brothers’.”

She pulled me out of the train, all the way to her limo.

“How did you know I was here?”

“Hello? I got your stupid letter you sent to Jake, so knowing the drama queen you are, I knew it had to be the railway station. And the guy at the counter was pretty easy to make spill out your details, a smile was enough.”

She tore off my letter to pieces.

I hated that guy so much. Whatever happened to privacy? What if it was not Jane but an underworld gang after me?

“Where are you taking me to?

“Where you need to be. To meet Jake. Poor broken heart. He deserves an explanation.”

“Alex and Jake are pretty drunk. Can we at least talk, tomorrow, when they’re a bit more sober?”

“Wow, the mouse has brains. Ok, fine, so where you gonna go for the night?”

“I don’t know.”

“I guess I’ll have to fix something up for you, else who knows? The helpless you would spend the night at the platform.” She rolled her eyes.

We were driven to the same five star hotel Alex took me to, for the lunch. “Here we are.” She smiled. “Oh I missed you, my second home.”

She entered the hotel. Surprisingly, the valet stopped me. Okay, accepted, I looked like shit. “She’s with me.” She giggled. She seemed to enjoy my desperate state.

As she entered, the manager welcomed her warmly, clearly lured by her beauty. “Do we have the pleasure to have Miss Parkers?” He chirped flirtingly.

“Oops. Sorry. No. It’s my friend, rather someone I know, who needs a room for the night.” She pulled out a Platinum VIP card which sparkled from her purse.

“Oh, that’s not necessary, we can settle that later.” The manager smiled. Every staff’s attention seemed to be fixed at her. They were awed at her presence. I could hear whispers as to how she was escorted by a loser like me. God, I felt invisible. The thought of marrying Jake someday scared me. I would be the “odd one” or rather “the invisible one” in the family.

I was escorted to my room by a waiter. The room was the best, Queen’s suite. I flopped down on the soft bed, figuring out a way to face all of them tomorrow.

.

.

.

“Wake up, will you, sleepyhead?” Of course. Who else could it be except Miss Jane?

She pulled away the sheet. “Get ready now. Quick! I brought you this dress. I know it’s a bit understated, but that’s the best you can find when you go shopping at midnight.” She took out of a silk bag, a hot pink gown, with long drapes, embedded with glitters.

“No way, I’m going into that.” I looked at it, horrified.

“Shut up, it’s so gorgeous, and you don’t have much of a choice. I got to transform you, if you’re going to be one of us. You’re damn lucky. So no ifs and buts. Do as I say.” She looked pleased, like a little girl looks when she gets a doll to play with.

She pushed me into the bathroom, and after I had freshened up, I was in for a makeover. First a spa, then a salon and finally Jane’s personal makeover. “I’m gonna make you beautiful.” The next hour was spent underneath powder, fake eyelashes, gloss, blush, mascara and things I didn’t even know existed in makeup world before.

“Okay, not bad.” She patted her shoulder, satisfied.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I looked like the Barbie every girl dreamed to be. I felt too uncomfortable. “What have you done to me?” I screamed. I removed some of the glitter and gloss with my hands, till I looked sane again. Jane frowned all the time.

As I walked out in the hallway, I could feel each eye fixed on me. Jane noticed that too, she smiled, amused all the time. “You’ll get used to it.” She chuckled. I felt powerful. It was like we were walking off the ramp at the Milan Fashion Week. But as we got into the limo, my heart thumped hard against my chest as the thought of finally facing Jake and Alex came back to me.

{ Vote if you liked what you read. It is a great motivation for me. I'll love you forever. Leave your comments down below to let me know what you think, and add it to your reading list so you dont miss out on the next update! <3 xoxo }