Chapter 13

It was a real long journey. Alex and I remained quiet the whole time, while Jake did most of the talking. As we entered our home, Jake announced cheerfully, “Look sister-blister who’s here!”

Jane came running out of one of the rooms on the second floor. She was in a mini night gown, yet she looked as perfect as if she was on her way to a photo shoot. “OMG! Am I dreaming? Alex! I love you both for bringing him back.” She ran down the stairs, falling directly into Alex’s arms and hugged him. “Where have you been? I missed you so much. Don’t you ever dare do that again.” Alex laughed. Damn I missed that sound. It had been a while since I heard it.

“I’m so tired! I don’t think I’d be able to attend school today” I muttered. Of course I couldn’t. It was 3 in the morning and all the travelling had drained me out. I needed a break. And it was a good excuse for bunking that mad house.

“Really, love?” Jake came closer. “I wish I could stay back with you but I have basketball practice tomorrow. Can’t miss it”

“It’s perfectly fine.”

I made my way to my room, leaving the family reconciliation, and flopped on the bed.

I had one of the weirdest dreams ever. For the first time, I dreamt of Alex. We were on a platform. A train was approaching. We only had few moments. He looked into my eyes, directly and said, “I have something to tell you….It’s now or never.”  But the train arrived and Jake pulled me in. I couldn’t hear what he wanted to tell me. He was begging me to stay. The helpless expression in his eyes gave me shudders in sleep. I woke up screaming, “Wait!”

It was 11:00 in the morning. I peeked out from my blanket. The house seemed dead silent. Apparently no one was home. Great. No one had witnessed my psychotic breakdown.

My throat felt dry. I got off my bed and made my way to the kitchen for some water. As I was pouring down the water, I felt someone breathe behind my back. I turned back, defensively. It was Jake.

“Babe, you’re here. What about your BB practice?” I was really surprised.

“Alex and Jane left for Vegas to meet mom and dad earlier this morning. Of course I couldn’t leave you alone. We can have the house to ourselves for the weekend.” He smiled wryly, brushing his hand down my waist.

“Yeah that’s great. Good that Alex’s catching back up on his life.”

“Which flavor do you like?”

“Sorry?”

“I think it’s time to take this to the next level.”

“Okay. I don’t get you.” I was getting nervous. I wasn’t ready for getting physical yet. I thought Jake would’ve understood that.

“Playing hard to get, are we?  Now let’s skip all the drama and show me how much you love me.” He came forward, placing both his hands on the buttons of my shirt, opening each one by one.

“Seriously Jake, please. I’m not comfortable yet. Can’t we wait?” I stopped him, holding his hands.

“What the hell do you mean? It’s been so long we’ve been dating and this is what I get? Stacy was right about you. I was the stupid one to date the country girl. Like how much more conservative can you be? If you trust me, you wouldn’t stop me.”

“Jake, I love you, nothing can change that. But I’m not going to do anything I don’t want just to prove my love or to gain your trust.” I could burst into tears any minute.

“Just let it happen,” He again came closer and whispered into my ear, sliding down the straps of bra. It was enough. I slapped him.

{ Vote if you liked what you read. It is a great motivation for me. I'll love you forever. Leave your comments down below to let me know what you think, and add it to your reading list so you dont miss out on the next update! <3 xoxo }