Chapter 51

I woke up to realize I was in Jake’s room. I don’t know how, but I remembered everything now. At the theatre when I saw Jane and Alex……..wait, Alex! I need to see him. Was he alright? What happened to him after the accident? Did he see me at the theatre too? If he did, why didn’t he take me with him? Jake had no freaking right over me…..that gamester! How cleverly had he planned this all out! Like I’d ever marry a guy like him.  My head grew dizzy from all the overflowing thoughts. After gaining my composure, I decided to go outside and settle this with him once and for all.

I made my way out, ransacking all the rooms but apparently he was not home. He was so lucky, I would have killed him any instant. How dare he spoil the day of my wedding? What if something had happened to Alex? How did he even have guts to look me in the eye and tell me I loved him? I grew red with anger and I felt as if my whole body was on fire.

 I decided to go and find Alex. He was the only one who could help me find my feet again. But I didn’t know where to look for him.  Tyler’s house was in Vegas and the only property they owned in Beverly Hills was this mansion, which was possessed or rather occupied illegally by dear Jake. I started fumbling through things.

Think Katy, where could they be?

The hotel! The hotel Jane took me to when I first met her, that’s where they ought to be. I remembered how Jane had casually mentioned she was a frequent guest at the Grand, whose manager hit on her real bad. Yes! I’m going to meet them up there.

I decided to run outside to hail a cab.

As I entered the Grand, the staff gave me weird looks. Of course I didn’t look like one of the royalties that used to frequent here, but what the hell? I was going through a life crisis right now. I didn’t have time to blow-dry my hair or put some decent dress on. I went straight up to the manager. I was so relieved he was the same guy we met last time. It would be easier to explain to him my acquaintance with the Parkers. At least, that’s what I thought.

“Hi.” I tried to smile. “Can you tell me which room Mr. Parker is staying in?”

He looked at me, carefully analyzing me from head to toe. “You mean Mr. Alex Parker?”

“Yeah, that’s the one.”

He looked pretty surprised. I could tell from his eyes he didn’t believe me, which was kind of insulting.

“I can’t allow you up miss. It’s again our hotel policy.” He spoke with fake courtesy.

“But I was here with Jane Parker last time….don’t you remember?”

“I don’t mean to offend you maam, but we have a lot of guests here every day. It’s hard to remember a particular face.”

Of course you do. I remember your greedy eyes all over me that day.

I frowned. Having realized I was not going to go away easy, he spoke, “How about I call the Mr. Parker and ask if they’re interested in entertaining guests. What’s your name again?”

“Just tell them it’s Katy.”

“Katy who….?”

I felt more insulted. “Katy would be enough.”

I could see Alex coming down any moment, hugging me into his warm embrace and then scolding this manager for being a jerk to me.

“I’m sorry madam, he’s busy. Mr. Alex said he didn’t know any Katy. He doesn’t want to be disturbed.”

My jaw fell down. How was that possible?

“You called Alex Parker right? The Alex Parker?”

“Of course. Now if you would please excuse me.”

Why would Alex do something like that? I flopped down upon the couch of the waiting room in disbelief. This was not possible. The manager was a bare faced liar. My Alex would never do that.

I snuck into the elevator when the manager was not looking. I made a wild guess that maybe every suite’s phone number was the same as the suite number. It sounds a bit stupid, but I had nothing to lose. Now, the manager clearly dialed 501 when he called Alex. So, if he called the right Parker, that’s where I should find him.

I knocked at the door. My heart was racing faster and faster. The nervousness was making me sick. I tidied up my hair a bit before the door finally opened.

Has Katy reached the right room? Why is Alex avoiding Katy?

{ Vote if you liked what you read. It is a great motivation for me. I'll love you forever. Leave your comments down below to let me know what you think, and add it to your reading list/follow me so you don't miss out on the next update! <3 xoxo }