Chapter 56

So another update in day!! I haven’t been updating in a long time and I realized last chapter was way too short compared to the time I had taken to put it up. So I hope you like it! See you after exams! :) Bye!

PS- I changed up the cover in case you didn't notice. Any suggestions? Do you like the current one or the old one? Let me know in the comments down below!

Jake and I had breakfast at the table, and I tried my best to maintain my distance from him. This was getting nowhere, I needed the evidence and I needed it fast. Maybe Jane could help me. I could talk to her and sort this out. She always knew what to do.

I sat down on the computer and began typing my letter.

Dear Jane,

Where are you? I need you the most right now. I want to see you and Tyler and the baby. I wish everything was perfect like it used to be. I wish you were here. With Al….

I choked at this point. I just couldn’t even think about him without crying on the inside. So I backspace-d the part and continued.

I hate it here with Jake. I just want to find the evidence and get over with this. He needs to pay for what he has done.Call me when you see this.

Love you,

Drama Queen. Xx

Just when I was about to enter “send” I heard footsteps outside the door. Jake was here. I quickly minimized the screen.

Jake knocked. “Come in.” I said nervously.

“I’ve got something for you.” He smiled.

“What?”

“Close your eyes.” He whispered into my ear.

I closed my eyes. He held my hand and then gently began taking out my ring…?? I immediately opened my eyes and pulled my hand back.

I hadn’t taken off the ring ever since the first time I wore it even though Alex dumped me. He didn’t ask it back, neither was I ready to part from it. It was the only proof of our love, the only thing that made me believe that it was real, it once really happened.  And now that I felt Jake taking it away from me, I couldn’t stop but resist.

“What are you doing?” I asked him, horrified.

“This ring is so old. I bought you a new one. Much more expensive and rare.” He opened a little box to reveal a massive twenty four carat white gold ring with a centerpiece rectangular diamond, flanked by two triangle cut baguettes.

He slipped it on my finger. “So, how is it? It cost me $4.7 million.” I looked at the piece of rock. It was so huge that it hurt my finger. I wish I could explain to Jake that when it comes to true love’s weight in gold (or diamond carats), the most expensive engagement ring in the world can also be as cheap as a toy ring from Cracker Jack’s cereal box.

I faked some enthusiasm. “You didn’t really need to do this. I love my ring.”

“That’s a piece of shit. You are Jake Parker’s girl and you will do what I want.” There was a strange hint of order in his voice. He held my hand real tight and pushed the ring on my finger further up. It peeled away some of my skin and blood came running out. Tears came rolling in; not from the wound but the way Jake had thrown my ring on the floor. I picked it up and ran outside to wash the blood.

Will Katy ever find a way out of this? Or will she be overpowered by Jake?

{ Vote if you liked what you read. It is a great motivation for me. I'll love you forever. Leave your comments down below to let me know what you think, and add it to your reading list/follow me so you don't miss out on the next update! <3 xoxo }