Chapter 35

It was the most painful day for me. Watching the one you love go away with someone else, and the worst part being you were the one who pushed them. Alex looked at me, saddened all day. I tried to avoid him as much as possible, leaving him in the company of Elizabeth as far as possible.

“I don’t want to do this. You can still let me stay.” He looked at me with one last ray of hope and loosened his tie.

“No.” I tied it up again. “This is what I want.” I made my voice as hoarse as I could.

“Can I at least have a kiss?”

His eyes were melting gold. I couldn’t get in my heart to deny him. I stood, frozen, letting him kiss me. Contrary to what I expected, he didn’t lean in and kiss me.

“I’m sorry.” That’s all he said and went out.

I could feel my heart shattering into a thousand pieces at that moment. A grueling pain built up in my stomach. I flopped to the floor. What had I done?

It was the longest night ever. Crazy thoughts started infesting my mind. What if Alex really falls for her? It was a possibility, no matter how distant. What would I do then? Was I even prepared to bear it? Did this fragile heart of mine have enough strength to go through another heartbreak?

Shut up. You’re going crazy. I told myself.

I sat there motionless as the time passed.

09 PM

10 PM

11 PM

12 AM

At finally 12:45 AM, my phone buzzed. I ran like a ninja to get it. Must be Alex. He probably wanted to wish me on our anniversary. He would tell me how bored he was with Elizabeth.

I picked up my phone. “I’m sorry for whatever I did today. But I really, really love…………”

“Can you shut up for a moment?”

It was Elizabeth. Why the hell was she talking through his phone?

“What are you doing with Alex’s phone?”

“Nothing. But I am doing him right now. We totally hit it off tonight. Thanks for booking such a pretty bedroom. Would you mind packing your things up and leaving before we return? He doesn’t want to see your face again. Don’t worry, you got the whole night. I don’t think we’d be out of bed anytime soon. He says you were never this good in bed. See you, not.”

If I had super strength, I swear I would have crushed that phone that moment. I felt weak. How could Alex do that? Was our love so fragile? I fell to the floor, crying the pillows out.

No. How can you be so stupid? Alex loves you. You know that. Trust him. A voice inside told me.

I dismissed the voice. Maybe the problem was in me. No one really loved me, except Alex. I lost it too. I should have been happy right now. After all, this is what I had planned. But I felt the most hurt right now.

I decided to pack my bags and leave. I didn’t care if it was three in the morning. I needed to be out of his life. I stood on the street, waiting for a cab. My mascara was ruined, my hair were messed up. I looked like a damsel in distress.

Will this be the end of Katy and Alex's relationship? Find out in the next chapter!

{ Vote if you liked what you read. It is a great motivation for me. I'll love you forever. Leave your comments down below to let me know what you think, and add it to your reading list/follow me so you don't miss out on the next update! <3 xoxo }