Over the Interwebs

***Bill***

You have 1 new message.

I smile. Finally! Someone I can talk to while I sit here in my own room as life goes on around me. I don't want to go out. I refuse to go out, even if I have school.

I click through my useless stuff and eventually make it to the chatting site I found. I look at the username.

xXpinetree6Xx

Hmm... okay! Let's go!

I click open the message.

xXpinetree6Xx: Uh... hello, my name's Pine Tree, and I'm looking for someone to talk to.

I smile and look at the profile. Their picture is a white and blue hat with a blue pine tree on it. They are male, age is not put, and he seems really nice. Alright, my pedophile radar isn't going off, so he's safe to talk to.

illumichip: Hello, Pine Tree! You can call me Cipher!

I send it. After a little, I get a response.

xXpinetree6Xx: Nice to meet you!

illumichip: So what do you want to talk about?

xXpinetree6Xx: Um... well, I need some advice, first of all...

illumichip: Throw it at me.

xXpinetree6Xx: Well... how are you supposed to attract a guy when no one at the school is gay?

Oh... so he likes gu- HE LIKES GUYS!!! HA HA!! I MIGHT NOT END UP ALONE AFTER ALL!!!

illumichip: It's impossible. Trust me, I've tried.

xXpinetree6Xx: Really? Oh... anyways, sorry that's how we started off. Um... I read you like Legend of Zelda.

illumichip: Yeah! (And it's fine) Which is your favorite one?

We sit and chat about random nothings for the whole rest of the day, all through the night, until he has to go. I log off and put my laptop to the side.

So, I've found out that he lives all the way in California, while I'm in Oregon. That's not that far... anyways, he likes guys, he's only a year younger than me, and he's really nice. It's great to have someone to talk to. Especially someone who's willing to listen. I don't know any of those kind of people.

I don't have any friends, I have no other family than my parents and their relatives that I haven't met, and my parents don't listen to me. They always say I'm lying, can't tell when I'm telling the truth, and think I think false things. It's wonderful to have someone to talk to. No one has until now... through these many years and many chat sites. Well, I've gotten plenty of pedophiles, but no actually person at least near my age.

Until now. I smile at the thought. I try to imagine the kid, by what I've heard of him. Medium-ish hair, not quite as tall as me, kind of skinny but not very, cute face...

No no no! Stop it Bill! You'll be disappointed when you see him!

... when? Come on man, you're giving yourself false hope, now. It's if you see him, not when.

Bill, if you do this, you're gonna go down an endless spiral of 'What does he look like?', 'When will I see him?', 'Will he like me?', 'Will I like him in person?', 'Is he cute?', 'Will he find me good looking at all?', 'Is he wondering the same thing?'. I can't do that to myself...