Triangles

***Dipper***

I sit on the floor with my crayons, colouring in another picture of Bill I made. Last time, he looked like the triangle. This time, he looks like a person. He changes back and forth from them sometimes.

"Bill, look!" I hold up the picture to him and he smiles.

"It looks very nice, little Sapling." I grin in achievement.

"I'm gonna go show mum and dad!!"

I stand up, but he grabs my hand and stops me from going. "No. Remember? They don't like you drawing me because sometimes I scare them." I look down, sad. "I'm sorry, Sapling." He kneels down and hugs me. I smile again and hug him back.

"It's okay, Bill! I understand."

"Dipper!" I turn around and see mum and Mabel. Mabel smiles at me. Mum looks disappointed.

"I'll go now." Bill pulls away from me and waves, flying out the window.

"Okay! Bye, Bill!" I smile, waving back at him.

"Dipper, it's dinner time!" Mable says. I smile at her and follow them downstairs. We sit at the table. Pork is for dinner tonight!! Yay!! I start eating. Mum and dad are really quiet tonight.

"Dipper... um..." I look up, still eating. Dad looks at me. "Tomorrow, you and I are going to go on a little trip, okay?" I look confused. "Were going to be visiting one of my friends. He wants to meet you and talk to you a bit." I smile and talk with my mouth full of food.

"Okay! What does he wanna talk about?"

He's quiet for a bit. "He... he wants to talk about your friend... Bill." I smile. I like talking about Bill. He's my best friend.

"Can I take Bill with us?" He nods. "Yay!" I can't wait to tell Bill. He'll be excited!! I continue eating as I think about what we'll do, and what dad's friend looks like. After dinner, it's bedtime. I go upstairs after kissing mum and dad goodnight. I close my door and lay down in bed. "Bill," I quietly whisper, waiting for Bill to come back. After a bit, he flies in through the window. I smile at him.

"You called, my little Sapling?"

I laugh quietly. "Bill, tomorrow, dad's gonna bring you and me to go meet one of his friends!" He smiles.

"Sounds fun, kid. Can't wait to meet him."

I snuggle into my covers. "Bill, come lay here with me! I'm cold." He walks over and lays beside me. I hug him and feel warmer already. "I love you Bill!! Goodnight!" I say.

He hugs me back and kisses the top of my head. "I love you too, Sapling. Goodnight." We lay there for a while. He eventually falls asleep, but I stay awake.

"We're gonna go meet my friends, alright kid?" I suddenly frown. Last year, I had a friend who wanted me to meet his friends... "Don't fight us, Little Dipper. We just want to have a little fun.~" They weren't really all that nice... they... is dad's friend going to do that too?? I really hope he doesn't... it hurt a lot... after that happened, I met Bill. He took care of me and told me what to say to get away from those people. He'll help me if I need him to this time...

"Sapling?" I look up at Bill. He woke up. "What are you doing awake?"

"Bill... what if dad's friend hurts me like those other boys did last year?"

He goes quiet for a minute. He then kisses my forehead and hugs me tighter. "I won't let them. I promise." I smile again.

"Thank you, Bill..." I slowly fall asleep that way.