Teacher

Real quick, this is the reverse people (Rev. Dipper, William, etc.)

***Dipper***

The bell rings like every morning at exactly eight, constantly reminding me of the senior class I need to teach in the morning. It always kills me when I remember I willingly took this job. Soon, students start pouring in from the door, one by one sitting in their seats. Some come up to me and hand in late homework. The five minutes people have to get to their classes seems to drag on forever, today. I identify every student as they walk in.

James, Tiffany, Quinlan, Ann, Joice, Kolb, Tyler...

... William.

The poor pathetic kid walks in with his books on the verge of tears. Again.

The freckle-faced, blonde-haired, one-eyed kid is the smartest person I've ever met. The biggest problem is that he's innocent, naive, sensitive, and a complete crybaby. He lost his right eye as a kid and just became afraid of everything, so his parents told me his freshman year. I don't really like them that much... there's something about them I don't trust. Anyways, I've had him every year since. He's a really good kid, but people pick on him alot.

He sits in his seat, adjusting his blue sweater and opening his history book to start working on the bellwork for today. After an eternity, the bell for class to start rings. Everyone sits in their seats as I stand.

"Alright, class," I walk in front of the board and look at everyone. They all look either dead, ready to die, on the verge of breaking down in tears, or just too tired to function. "Do your bellwork... then it's a free period. Don't break anything." I want a free day, too, and the lesson can be done in about twenty minutes. I can just assign homework tomorrow or something.

Two kids cheer. The rest of them do their work real quick and sit next to their friends. A couple of them lay down to sleep, and one of them walks up to my desk with a chair and sits close to me. "William, do you need anything?" He shakes his head at me.

"I just don't want to be alone again, sir." He always calls me sir. Not Mr. Gleeful, not Mr. G, not Mr. Dipper, nothing but 'sir'. "I-if it's okay with you..."

I sigh. "It's fine, kid." We just sit there as I grade the late work. After I finish, I look at him. He just slouched in the seat, twiddling his thumbs. "How old are you, William?"

He looks up at me with the most adorable eye possible. "Eighteen."

"You look like a six year old." He looks back down.

"Sorry." No no no no no no no no no no no no no no! His eye fills up with tears.

"Don't be. You just might want to grow out of it. High school isn't so kind to kids. Have you noticed?" That might have come out a bit insensitive...

"... yeah... I'll try, sir."

We both go quiet. The class goes on slowly. I lean back in my chair. Five minutes till the bell- thank god, that lasted forever- I look at him again. "You'll be coming in at lunch again, correct?" He nods. "Alright kid, go get your stuff." I look to the class. "Five till! Get your stuff in order! Wake up your friends! Quit making out with each other, Conner and Colter!" I laugh at myself as the two get mad at me for calling them out. Again.