Heathens

***BILL'S POV***

I clean the bar, bored with nothing else to do. All of my usuals- my friends at this point- are here, doing what they always do. They either play pool or poker at their respective locations. They all have their drinks and are perfectly content.

I hear the door and smirk immediately. New comers don't do well here if they're not invited. I look up and see three men walk in. They sit at the bar and order drinks. I listen in on their conversation.

"No, we have to go down three streets."

"The map says four."

"My phone says three."

"Yeah, mine too."

"Excuse me gentalmen," They look at me. "Where are you going?"

"We're trying to find the museum."

The museum? "Well, you see the man over there playing poker? Nice teeth, tank top, black hair?" I point and they look. "Name's Teeth. He knows how to get there. Ask him."

"Thanks."

They get up and I chuckle. "Careful, though, he's a bit jumpy."

I don't think they heard the last part. Good... I love when things get interesting in this place.

I watch them go up behind him and tap him on the shoulder. In a split second, there's a scream as Teeth is standing and holding a knife to one of the men's throat.

"What the hell dude?? We're just asking for directions!" Teeth stares for a second.

"Find wherever you're going by yourselves." He points the knife to the entrance and the three rush out.

I laugh quietly to myself. I see Teeth look at me. "Are you trying to get someone killed?"

I smirk and continue cleaning the counter and glasses. I do want to see someone killed. It does interest me, and I'm in a bar full of people willing to do it. See, I'd rather torture someone and leave them for someone else to kill. Not big on the idea of personally killing someone. Too many legal problems to go with it.

Everyone else here would. This is why we're all friends...

The bar closes. I usher everyone out and leave myself, locking the doors behind me. I walk down the street to my house. The streets are quiet in the middle of the night.

When I get to my house, I see someone in the window. I raise an eyebrow and open the door, which is already unlocked. "Honey, I'm home."

The person in my house jumps, scared out of his mind. He drops all the food he has in his hands on the floor and tries booking it out of the house. I chance after him, easily grabbing the edge of his shirt before he is able to get out. "Going so soon?" He tries to get out of my grasp.

"I'm sorry, I'll leave! I don't have anything else, I promise, I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me!" I move, now holding his arms behind his back.

"Why are you stealing from my house kid? And tell me the truth."

He winces in pain as I start walking him to the living room. I sit him in a chair and look at him for a while.

He gulps. "My sister and I are homeless and we need food, and we didn't want to risk going to the store in case we were caught, so we went to peoples' houses. I'm sorry, we won't do it again, just please let me go."

I chuckle. "Let you go?" I scoff. "How is it that you aren't willing to risk going into a store, but you'll risk accidentally going into a psychopath's house?" His eyes widen. I chuckle more. "Take me to your sister, you're both staying with me for a while."