Chapter 36 | You Found Me

"Welcome back." Ryan greeted Kuza as he opened the hotel room door.

Kuza strangely didn't come in imidately. He set his hand on the doorframe, replying, "You didn't come alone, did you?"

"Of course not. Josh and Ryan-Ashley are in the next room. Maria is with Manson." He said, "Where were you? I asked Nikki but he wouldn't tell me."

"I was doing a little recruiting of my own." Kuza smirked and stepped out of the way of the door.

Ashley walked in past him, then Ricky followed up behind her. He was pretty beat looking, but the second he saw Ryan, his eyes got glassy. The numbness he had become accustomed to diminished. Suddenly, he felt exactly the way he did three years ago when he wrote that note. Ryan's mouth parted to speak, but he was at a loss for words. His heart ached to see how unwell Ricky looked. Yet, he still found him beyond beautiful.

"Ricky..." He softly trailed.

Through a broken voice, he responded with a small smile, "Hi."

Kuza and Ashley quickly slipped out of the room to give them their privacy. Ryan walked  around the coffee table to come over to Ricky. He pulled his wallet out of his back pocket and found that little scratch of a note.

"Maria found this after you left and gave it to me." Ryan handed it to him to refresh his memory, "Did you really mean what you said?"

Ricky nodded slowly, "I still do. I've really missed you these past few years."

"I've missed you too, and I'm sorry I ever let you get away from me. I'm sorry I kicked you out so many times and I'm sorry I didn't accept your apology. I spent the last three years alone because I had to be a stubborn ass." He laughed out of nervousness.

Ricky's soulful blue eyes looked up into his, "Can we start over?"

"Yeah, Sweetie." He mused as he took Ricky into a tight hug.

The smaller returned as he held that little note tightly in his hands. That note, that read, "I'd give up forever to touch you, 'cause I know that you feel me somehow. You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't want to go home right now."

| | |

Three weeks later, the Freak Show had quickly become a hit for both natives and tourists of Sin City. They weren't gimmicks like all the other magic shows. This was the real deal, and people were willing to pay a lot to see genuineness. The theater was packed on a Saturday night and their applause erupted for Kuza as he finished pulling a sword from his throat.

He took a bow and walked off the stage. With a soft smirk, he told Ange, "Break a leg, babe."

Angelo scoffed and rolled his eyes playfully. The fog already began to roll out on the stage as Manson walked out to introduce the next act. With his sinister eyes under the shade of a top hat, he announced the medium's name.

The lights died off from bright colors and turned to an angelic white. Fog completely consumed the floor of the stage, rolling off the edge into the front row. Angelo took a deep breath, then slowly walked out. His stage fright never seemed to go away but he's learned to push it to the back of his mind. He sat down at the piano, which melted away his thoughts of everyone else.

"I found God on the corner of First in Amistad, where the west was all but won. All alone, smoking his last cigarette. I said "where you been?", He said, "ask anything".

Where were you, when everything was falling apart? All my days, spent by the telephone that never rang, and all I needed was a call that never came from the corner of First and Amistad.

Lost and insecure; You found me, you found me, lying on the floor, surrounded, surrounded. Why'd you have to wait? Where were you? Where were you? Just a little late. You found me, you found me.

In the end, everyone ends up alone. Losing him, the only one who's ever known who I am, who I'm not, and who I wanna be. No way to know, how long he will be next to me.

Lost and insecure; You found me, you found me, lying on the floor, surrounded, surrounded. Why'd you have to wait? Where were you? Where were you? Just a little late. You found me, you found me."

| | |

Happiness seemed to be something almost foreign to the freaks. It had gone dormant for the past three years. Being together again, and giving the show they wanted to, they had rediscovered their smiles. After another sold out show, they all sat around one of their hotel rooms.

The lack of seating forced Twiggy to sit in Manson's lap, like either of them really minded. They usually sat this way regardless. Ashley and Nikki, and Ryan-Ashley and Josh were of course sitting beside each other lovingly. No one stopped to ask why Ryan's arm rested suggestively over Ricky's shoulder. Though, they had a pretty good feeling and they were rather happy for them. Angelo and Maria were left to be the single ones stuck in the corner of one of the couches.

Kuza happened to have disappeared for a little while. Upon his return though, he seemed disturbed about something. The laughter and smiles died down as they all looked to him for some kind of explanation.

"I found Devin." With a sigh, he threw a magazine down on the coffee table.

They all leaned forward to stare at it. On the cover of the newest issue of Playboy, they saw the Amazon Woman they knew all too well. A leather jacket just barely covered her breasts and her legs were positioned to hide what laid between them. It still left little to the imagination. The tagline read 'Meet the Amazon of New Orleans'.

"We should have known Chris would take her there." Ashley stated.

"Are you going to go down there?" Ricky quietly asked Ryan.

Ryan sighed, instantly looked to Angelo. The angel diverted his eyes, obviously not fond of the idea of seeing his ex-lover again. Having the giants back would make the show that much bigger, but at what cost? Angelo just got sober. Who knows what his breakdown could do to the others. They were at a crossroad.

| | |

Mmkay, it's been awhile since I asked you guys what should happen next? (Be creative pls)

Also I forgot to mention, the song in the last update was "Over You" by Daughtry. The one Angelo sings in this one is "You Found Me" by The Fray. Also, the note is lyrics from "Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls.