Why do identical twins look same?

Dedicated to shabanamh
Manik's POV
"Cabir"? Nandini and I ask in unison.
Suddenly Navya says " his name is not Cabir".
"Believe me Navya, that's Cabir".
"No Manik he is my friend for five years and his name is not Cabir"
"If you knew him for five years, then I should know right." Nandini asks.
"I have talked a lot about him. He is Ranbir, remember?" Navya says.
"Ohh!" Nandini exclaims.
"But Navya he looks exactly like cabir". I say stubbornly trying to prove my point.
"You still don't believe me. Wait! Ranbir!" She gives a challenging look and calls out to the guy.
He turns around and walks towards us.
"Ya Navya!" He says giving confused
"Ranbir, this is Nandini and her friend Manik, and they are telling that your name is Cabir and not Ranbir.
"Well, in my memory I haven't changed my name to Cabir. But I know why exactly there is a confusion."
We all look at him for answers.
"Well, I have a twin and his name is Cabir and I have heard about you manik.
Fab five's lead singer and my bro's best buddy. Manik Malhotra" he says confusing me further.
"I never knew Cabir had a brother, that too a twin." I say.
"Well, I guess you should call cabir"
I nod and call cabir.
M- hello
Ca- yo bro, whats up. You forgot your friends or what. Now that you have Nandu, you don't want us.
M- arey drama queen, tell me when you got a twin bro?
Ca- when I was born
M- that was lame man. Now tell why I never met him.
Ca- after dad and mom got divorced, he chose to go with dad and I chose to go with mom. Well,how did you get to know about Ranbir?
Ma- actually our car broke down and we met him in the workshop. He is there with us now.
Ca- oh ok
Ma-okay, then bye.
I look at Ranbir smiling at me and I reciprocate.
I tell everything to Nandini and all four of us travel in silence.
Navya decided to break the screaming silence and say "Nandini, are you fine?"
She nods and smiles at Navya.
"I don't think so, because the Nandini I know must have eaten my head talking by now" navya taunts.
Nandini scowls when we all burst out laugh.
"Navya, I think its not everyday you find a person we know has twin, who looks exactly like him. Its just awkward." I say covering up for her.
The awkwardness slowly starts drifting away and we all indulged in conversations. Nandini was telling how she ended up accompanying me.
"Guys, where are you going?" I ask .
Navya looks at a Ranbir and lets out an evil smile and says " to break a marriage. Hhehe".
I apply brake and me and Nandini ask in unison "what?!"
"Actually, I am in love with a girl. Her name is Chandini. Her mom got to know about our relationship and within a few days its her marriage. We used to study together. Once her mom heard her talking to me on phone. Now she is forcibly getting married. So we are going to elope."
"Wow!" That's all I can say.
"Manik, we don't have any plans. We'll go with them. Maza ayega!"Nandini says with a pleading eyes.
Anyways, they haven't tracked down Harshad's location.
"Fine" I say. Nandini jumps up and down like a toddler, making all of us chuckle.
We drive to Udaipur and spot the wedding hall and the restaurant we'll be staying in.
"Now, what's the plan?" I ask to Navya and Ranbir. Guess what? They have no plan.
"No plan? What the hell"i nearly yell.
"Chill manik, why worry. Are you ready to show some bravery because I have a plan" nandini says.
"That's exactly my point, you have a plan. How can I not worry?".
She pouts looking at me and asks for my phone. She makes a call and says
"Cabir baba is coming".
"Huh, why" Ranbir asks
Nandini shrugs his question off and asks "Ranbir, do you know to dance?" She asks.
"Ye kaisa sawal hai?" He asks confused.
"Arey baba answer me" she asks restlessly.
"Ha, pretty much" he says doubtfully
"Perfect"she says
"You both could go to the wedding as dancers and me and Manik as singers", she continues.
"ok, but what's the plan?" Navya asks
Nandini whispers her plan making us shout " tum pagal hai kya?"
"Its a really stupid idea" I say.
"Oh really Mr. Manik Malhotra, then you make a plan." She said in a mocking tone.
Finally, we all agreed and decided to shop for some traditional clothes.

After shopping.
Every one changed to their traditional wears.

Nandini came out wearing a saree. She was looking breath taking. I couldn't take my eyes of her. Her face chimed with happiness.She came out and turned and asked "how do I look?".
I wanted to say beautiful but instead I taunt her "its not your wedding". She hits me playfully and I ask "how do you know to wear a saree?".
"I am an indian, just because I used to live in foreign doesn't mean that I don't know these stuff.
Nandini

Navya comes in a dancers costume

Nandini POVRanbir and Navya dwell in with the dance team and learn their routine

Nandini POV
Ranbir and Navya dwell in with the dance team and learn their routine. While, I am very busy concentrating on eating.
After about an hour, they both come to the room.
"Nandini, I want to go see chandini. I am sure she'll be shocked to see me".
"Be careful, make sure no one notices you." I say.
As he exits I shout " wait, go after you take a bath or she will not faint seeing you but smelling you".
We all chuckle while Ranbir sarcastically laughs.
After an hour, all four of us were in the room. I slowly went near the window and opened it to reveal the onr and only "cabir" in a karate pose
Ranbir stood up looking happy, navya was shocked to see Ranbir's twin and Manik was chuckling seeing Cabirs antics.

 I slowly went near the window and opened it to reveal the onr and only "cabir" in a karate poseRanbir stood up looking happy, navya was shocked to see Ranbir's twin and Manik was chuckling seeing Cabirs antics

(A/N: imagine that's Cabir. Ps: with more clothes on lol.)
Ranbir went and hugged him. They had their bro moment.

"Guys, I am going to gave dinner. Anyone coming?"
Navya came with me. After having dinner, we came back to see cabir and Ranbir sleeping on thr first bead and Manik on the second.
"Nandu, where will we sleep?" Navya asks.
They did. This on purpose. Know will get to know who is Nandini Moorthy. I went near the second bed and gave a big kick tto manik. He rolled out of the bed and fell on the floor. We both jumped on the bed pretended to be asleep. I peeped and saw scratching his hair and looking clueless. I hold my urge to laugh. He walks away. After sometime, I notice Navya fell asleep. I sat up on my bed to see, manik sitting on the couch in deep thoughts.
I went next to him and kept my hand on his shoulders and whispered "manik?"
No response. I go closer too see he is sleeping. I sit next to him and stroke his hair. I should go to bed. As I stand up, I see Manik clutching on to my hand like a small baby. I knew he was hurt and those wounds are still not healed. I sat next to him and drifted to beauty sleep.