Chapter Fourty: Boston Blues

Killian's POV

We had a rough night last night. Emma was throwing up constantly and her fever was getting worse. We were still waiting on a proper diagnosis and it was a painful wait. If Emma wasn't sleeping, she would be weak and could barely speak.

She woke up around 11am and clutched her head for about ten minutes then tried to sit up.

"Woah woah take it easy. Good morning love."

"Morning."

I could see in her eyes she was in pain. Her voice was rough and she was still pretty pale.

An hour later a nurse came in to check her vitals and take her blood pressure again.

"Woah..."

"What, what is it?"

"Her blood pressure is through the roof."

"What?! It was really low yesterday!"

"I need to call someone, get her to lie down please."

The nurse ran out of the room and I helped Emma lie back down on the bed. A doctor came in with the same nurse and looked at her blood pressure himself. He agreed it was at a dangerous level for her and the baby and started her on a round of ACE inhibitors. It was a type of IV that would hopefully lower her blood pressure and make her better too.

My Aunt Iz phoned to say she was on her way to Boston with Liam and Henry. I also got a phone call from Lily saying she heard what had happened and was flying over to Boston asap. Emma hadn't seen Lily since the wedding, so I wanted to keep it a secret until she arrived.

Later on in the day a doctor came in with a bunch of files. He set them on a table at the end of the bed and opened one of them and flicked through the pages.

"Well Mrs.Jones we have your diagnosis. It seems like you have a mild case of pre-eclampsia. It's in the very early stages which means we can hopefully keep it under control."

"Do you know how bad it will get?"

"Well because it's a pregnancy related disease, it will harm the baby more than it will harm you. But it's still very dangerous for you both."

"How long can I go without treatment?"

"Emma!"

"I just, what if it affects the baby. You know all the medicine?"

"Mrs.Jones it will affect the baby more if we don't treat it! The medicine will have no effect whatsoever on the baby and you will recover quickly."

"Okay okay."

"Good, now sign this consent form for me and we will start you on the treatment as soon as possible."

Emma stared at the form and sighed in frustration. I knew it bothered her because she wanted to keep all types of fluids out of her but this was just something she needed to do. She lifted the pen and quickly scribbled her signature down. The doctor smiled at us both and walked out of the room.

"Emma. I know how hard this is for you to take in. But this is what's best for you and our child. So please just co-operate with the nurses and doctors for now until you get better."

"Okay, I will I promise."

I kiss her forehead and then leave the room to go downtown I the cafeteria to get myself a coffee. I would've got Emma one but at the moment she was only allowed water. I made the coffee then paid and walked back up to the room.