Chapter Fourty Four: New experiences

Killian's POV

Last night we had one of the first and probably one of the last peaceful nights. I woke up to find Emma had already went downstairs with Sophie so I saw my chance and ran into the bathroom to take a shower.

As I rubbed my wet hair with a towel walking downstairs I saw Emma was in the kitchen making brunch for everyone. Sophie was in her Moses basket on the kitchen island.

"Good morning!"

"Hmm good morning love. How's my Queen and my princess this morning?"

"She only woke up once to get nursed and then fell straight back to sleep. She's definitely being Miss perfect right now."

"Wow, parenthood was made out to be much harder than this. It's like a walk in the park right now."

"Just wait, the next few days will become hell for you."

We both laughed as Emma went back to making brunch and I lifted Sophie out of the Moses basket and into my office.

I paced around the room rocking her in my arms and she began to cry a little and get fussy. She was trying to open her eyes, but I wouldn't let my hopes get too high as then again she was still only two days old.

"Now Sophie, this room will be your favourite. We have daddy's piano and guitars in here and daddy always plays his new music from the studio in here. It's like having your own party in you house! But daddy's office piano is no where near as good as the grand piano we have at the front hall of the house. This house is going to be like your palace, and your going to be the princess. I promise, no harm shall come to you while I walk this planet."

I kissed her tiny forehead and played with her little fingers that wrapped around my thumb. I brought her back to the kitchen and Emma had served breakfast. I gently placed Sophie back in her basket and placed the basket on it's stand beside the kitchen table. Henry and Liam came downstairs a few minute later and ate their breakfast before leaving quickly to get the school bus. It left just me, Emma and Sophie to spend the rest of the day together.

We decided to spend our day inside as the weather wasn't too great. It's was freezing in January in New York, just as bad as last year, When we were the hospital with Henry. It seemed like a blur.

"I just got a text from Henry, he said that he is going to study at a friends house. Liam is staying at school to help out at the basketball tournament so it's just me and you for dinner."

"Well I was actually planning on going out with Robin tonight to catch up on anything that's happened in the studio since he's banned me until we finish maternity leave."

"That's fine! You go and enjoy yourself. You deserve it."

"Are you sure love? I can just move it to another time?"

"No no! You go out and tell Robin I was asking about him."

"Hmm I love you."

"I love you too, now go get ready!"

I kissed her forehead and Sophie's then went upstairs to get ready. I wasn't going to wear anything snazzy. We were only meeting up for something quick to eat.

"Okay, I've got to go love I'll see you later."

"Have fun, don't miss me too much."

"I don't know about that one, goodbye Sophie, I'll see you later."

"Now go!"

"Okay okay! Goodbye."

"Bye!!"

Emma's POV

I now had the whole afternoon and most of the evening to spend with Sophie and I had no idea what to do. Sophie wasn't really allowed outside until she had her ultrasound and MRI so I decided to invite Lily over who was currently over in New York for her job. She hasn't met Sophie yet and I knew now would be the perfect time as I was home alone with her and I hadn't seen her for a while.

I grabbed my phone and phoned Lily to ask her to come over which she was delighted for the offer. I put Sophie to sleep in her Moses basket and then brought her upstairs with me so I could get changed out of my pyjamas.

I hear a few knocks on the door and looked out of my bedroom window to see Lily's car pulled up beside the garage. I fixed my hair and ran downstairs quickly and let her in.

"Lily!"

"Emma! How are you!"

"I'm great, it's so good to see you again."

"It's good to see you too!"

"Come in quickly, I left Sophie in my room and she's probably woken up so I need to go get her. I'll be right back."

I went back upstairs to find Sophie was actually still asleep to my relief so I picked her out of her Moses basket and downstairs so lily could meet her.

"Oh my gosh Emma she is adorable."

"Thank you. She's constantly sleeping so we haven't had any hassle with her yet."

"Can I hold her?"

"Of course."

I gently placed Sophie into Lily's arms and she was in awe by her beauty. She really was a cute newborn and I could tell Lily had fallen in love with her.

"She is so precious, congratulations to you all."

"Thank you Lily."

"Speaking of, where is everyone?"

"Umm Henry is at his friends house and Liam is helping out at a basketball tournament at school and Killian is at a business dinner with his co worker. So it's just me and Sophie today."

"I can imagine it was difficult for Killian to leave, especially with a newborn."

"Yeah, it was hard. But he will be back shortly so I'm sure he will be fine."

"Ahh I just want to steal her!"

"Come on let's sit down."

We spent hours admiring Sophie and Lily just couldn't take her eyes off her.

Henry and Liam came home and we all caught up with each other and Henry and Liam watched Sophie as me and Lily catched up privately in the kitchen.

My phone began to ring at around 10pm and I looked at the caller ID to see it was Killian.

"Hello?"

"Emma!"

"Killian...what's wrong?"

"Umm I'm on the highway."

"Okay... Is everything alright?"

"Robin crashed his car."

"What!"

"I was in the car too but Robin.... He's... He's in a really bad way."
----------------------------------------------