Chapter Fourty Six: Breathe it in

Emma's POV

"Robin was more than a friend, he was like a brother. He was there for me when my parents were fighting or when I was fighting with them. He was there when they died and the after math. He was there when I was having struggles with my job or in my relationship. He was always there. And now...it's not going to be the same without him. I never actually got as far as imagining life without Robin. So I'm sort of learning as I go. I was there for his last active moment me before we crashed and no matter who tells me, I will blame myself. I'm told by everyone that I had something to live for. My wife, my daughter, my stepson and my brother. But so did Robin. He had a loving wife waiting for him to come home, and a son. A son that...that will now grow up without a father. And I can't imagine how hard that could be. So Robin did have something to live for, and now that his life is gone. I hope that the things he lived for continue to grow strong. I can't imagine the pain that Robin's family are going through, because my heart aches as a friend and co worker. Goodbye Robin. Until we meet again."

The congregation clapped as Killian walked back to his seat beside me. After the priest said a few words and blessed Robin's family. We all stood up out of our white outdoor chairs that were placed outside the church. As I had planned the funeral, I knew that Robin loved the outdoors. So we had the funeral in the cemetery that was spruced up with lots of flowers and chairs for all the guests.

It had came to the time that the coffin would be lowered into the ground. But before it did, we were going to place roses and other sentimental things on top so that the special things were buried with him. Some of the guests went up first and me and Killian waited until last to go up. Lily stayed with Sophie, Henry and Liam and we walked up with our things in hand. I placed a red rose with a music sheet tied around it. I knew how much music meant to him. Killian also placed a red rose onto the coffin, but also some pictures of them both that he got copied so he could have one too. He also placed Robin's set of keys to the studio onto the coffin as that was a joint effort between them both. We walked back to our seats hand in hand and the Regina and Roland went up.

It was so silent, only muffled cries from the guests and Regina could be heard. Killian was also on the brink of tears which made me feel so emotional too. Regina helped Roland up and he set down a teddy bear that was holding a guitar and a flower. It looked like something Robin had bought Roland that must have meant something to him too.

Lastly Regina placed photos, flowers and his favourite jacket onto the coffin. She kissed her hand and touched the coffin before it began to lower into the digged up space in the ground. She began to sobb uncontrollably and Roland held onto her leg like a magnet. Killian stood up and ran over to her to comfort her and all the guests began to depart and make their way to the wake. Killian helped Regina get into the family funeral car and Roland got in beside her. We waved then goodbye and the car drive away.

"That's probably the third hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life."

"Come here."

I hugged him so tightly I was probably crushing him. But he embraced me too before I pulled away and kissed his cheek.

"How was Sophie?"

"She was amazing, didn't cry through the whole thing. Slept like a log."

"Pretty good for a one week old baby."

Killian started walking towards our car and went to the boot the lift something out. He came back with two bunches of white lilies in his hands.

"Will you come with me Emma."

"Come with you where?"

"You'll see."

I smiled and gave Sophie to Lily who brought all the kids back to the car. Killian and I walked arm in arm to wherever he was bringing me. We walked past lots of graves before stopping infront of one that read.