eight

when harry woke up the next day, he felt his stomach sinking. he knew today was when he would finally open his mouth and tell zayn what was going on with him. he couldn't avoid it. he knew if he didn't tell him now, then niall sure would. and he really didn't want zayn to hear something like that from niall. it was his job to tell him, zayn had a right to know. he just can't hide it now, not now that niall knows and isn't gonna hesitate to hold back if harry backs out of it.

so harry lie in his bed, staring at the wall, trying to come up with ways to even start to explain this. as soon as he saw zayn, zayn would see his face. the bruises. he knew he couldn't cover them, he told niall he wouldn't. so of course he wasn't gonna go back on his word. but he also didn't want to walk out of his form and have everybody else staring at him and whispering. so he decides when he does go out, he'd wear a pair of his shades instead.

he looks over at the clock, sighing in relief when he sees he has about two hours before he sees zayn. but since he's already awake and couldn't seem to fall back asleep, he gets out of bed and goes to start a shower. he limps to the bathroom wincing. his leg was still in pain. zack kicked him pretty hard and made his knee buckle and now he had trouble walking on it. the slightest pressure brought pain. but he brushed it off and started a warm shower.

it feels nice, but his burns were still a bit sore so when the warm slid over them, it stung a bit but it was bearable he guesses. after he's done he steps out of the shower and dries off wrapping the towel around his upper body instead of lower to hide his burn marks in case niall wakes up and happens to see them. he picks out a pair of skinny jeans and an oversized jumper which just so happens to be zayn's. harry sniffs it, zayn's scent enveloping his nose. he smiles slightly, and pulls it over his head.

he goes back over to sit on his bed, not knowing what to do for another hour as he waits. niall was still sound asleep and he was afraid to leave his dorm in case zack would happen to spot him. harry sighs and lies down, curling up slightly, deciding to just wait. but his phone dings on the night stand, and harry sits up again. he walks over to it, taking it off the charger and looks at the screen where there's clearly a text zack just sent. he swallows and opens it, reading over it.

harry let's out a breath, looking over at niall. he decides to wake him up. harry walks over to niall's bed with his phone clutched in his hand and crawls onto his bed. he shakes niall gently. "ni, wake up."

"hm." niall slurs in his sleep stirring slightly. harry shakes him again harder and niall's head pops up, his eyes opening slowly. "huh?"

"ni help me." harry says. niall rubs the sleep from his eyes and sits up, turning to face harry with concern.

"what is it? what's wrong?" harry gives niall his phone showing him the text. niall reads it, running a hand through his hair.

"what do i do? go?" harry asks.

"no, of course not. what, for him to put his hands on you again?" niall says . harry shakes his head. niall begins typing a message to zack. his eyes becoming wide when he receives a reply that's very unpleasant. it upset him a lot to see the way zack was talking to him. if he says all this stuff in text he could just imagine how it was in person. niall hands his phone back to harry. "c'mon, we gotta go to zayn's now." niall says. and when harry reads the conversation his eyes widen and he nods.