thirty four

there's a dull pain in harry's head and he feels slightly dizzy. a faint buzzing sound fills his ears. he can feel something soft but stiff underneath him, but he can't fully make out what it is. the chemicals he breathed in had his head hurting and made it hard to open his eyes. he groans softly, shifting slightly his body feeling stiff all over.

he is lying flat on his back and his neck was sort of sore probably due to being in an awkward position for a while. he lies there for a couple of more minutes, trying to get the energy to move. for a moment he doesn't think he ever will, but then he attempts to open his eyes which are so heavy. they flutter open for a second, before closing once again. harry whines desperately trying to get his body to get back to functioning. after a few more seconds he slowly is able to open his eyes.

harry blinks a few times to make his vision clear. shifting his eyes around, he can make out a medium sized room, kinda like the one he had been held hostage in before but it was different. the windows were boarded up and the light that was on was lightly dimmed. the door was closed. harry blinks and sucks in a breath, gaining just enough energy to turn his head to the other side trying to ease the pain in his neck. a small gasp leaves his lips though when he sees zayn is actually in the room with him, but not in a good way.

he's tied to a wooden chair and his head is slumped forward, still unconscious. there's a little patch of blood on the side of his head, meaning he was probably injured more than once since they've been here. harry couldn't imagine what could've happened while he was out. zayn probably woke up before him and was attacked again. harry attempts to move but then he notices that his hands are tied together and bonded to the bed.

his eyes widen and heart sinks to the pit of his stomach. he didn't like this. he didn't like being restrained, tied up, or held down. why did he have to be back in this position again? he thought he would never have to be through this again. despite zayn being here with him didn't make it any better. they were both being restrained and they were both defenseless. and it upset harry that zayn was here. zayn shouldn't have to dragged through the middle all because of harry. this was harry's problem and he knew zayn was only going to get hurt because of him.

harry squirms a little pulling at the restraints but it's too tight. he tries to press his hands together and shimmer them through the tight opening of the rope. no matter how hard he strains, he can't slide his wrists through. they were tied pretty tight. harry goes lax, lifting his head to look over at zayn again. he was positioned at a diagonal angle with the bed and the chair was in the corner on the left side of the room. he was so close yet it felt like he was so far away.

he wanted to call out for zayn but he was afraid someone would hear him and come into the room. sighing, harry struggled more against the ropes hoping to loosen them up so that he could get free and then hopefully be able to help zayn. although he stops in his tracks once he hears the door opening. his heart starts to race as he quickly looks over to see who is entering the room. he nearly faints when he sees that it's zack. he enters the room and closes the door behind him, before turning to face harry.

harry begins to panic, struggling more to get released from the restraints. zack smirks, walking closer to him. harry whimpers softly, trying to scoot further away but it was no use. zack places his hands on the bed, leaning forward so that he hovers slightly over harry, making the boy cower in fear. "you're finally awake." he says, tilting his head as he eyes harry.

harry doesn't say anything, squeezing his eyes shut, hoping and praying that this was also just a bad dream and that he would wake up and find himself back at home and in the arms of zayn. zack reaches down and grabs harry by the chin firmly, making him scream and shake his head, trying to shake zack's hands off him. zack tightens his grip and harry cries him as zack forces harry to look at him roughly. "there's no need to fight baby, the fun hasn't even started yet."