epilogue

6 months later.

it was the middle of spring, and school was about to get out for spring break. harry and zayn start attending uni again a few months ago after the whole zack ordeal was over. he was sent off to a maximum security mental hospital that was hours away from here, and harry was recommended to take therapy three times a week. he'd become a little depressed after it was all said and done, and unfortunately he had ended up self harming again a few more times which is what ultimately lead him to start going to therapy.

but he did it because he wanted to get better, and he did it for zayn, for his friends and family. it's been five months since he's been going and he's slowly but surely making some progress on getting better. his therapist had even come up with a way for him to break the urge to hurt himself. it worked, and with zayn and his friends who he was happily reunited with- watching after him, it made it work all the more. they were gonna do the best they could to help harry and bring him back to being himself again. it would take some time, but no matter what, they'd always be here for him.

aside from the self harm, harry was doing pretty good with eating, and sleeping. he had occasional nightmares here and there, and some did get bad, but not nearly as bad as they used to be. he was making good progress, but it felt like a slow and long process. it was okay though because everyone knew it would take some time for harry to heal and to return back to how he used to be, but while healing took time, it also took those who you loved the most as well. and that's all harry really needed.

"we're gonna have fun this spring break." niall says.

"yeah, all the fun we can squeeze in within a week's time." liam mutters nonchalantly. niall rolls his eyes.

"don't be daft li, there's a lot of things we can do in a week." niall replies. the five of them were all sitting together in the cafeteria as it was break time for all of them, thankfully they all managed to have their breaks at the same time. louis was barely paying attention as he played a game on his phone, getting angry every time he lost or messed up, while niall kept blabbing about all the things they could do during the break. liam was being grumpier than usual due to having recently failed a test, which sucked because liam never failed. while zayn occupied himself with messing with harry's hair, harry was quiet as he looked at a bio book in front of him. niall groaned.

"am i invisible or something?" niall asks when he realizes that no one was actually paying attention to him.

"no, but i wish you could be." louis growled, tapping angrily on his phone, but then lets out a frustrated yell. "this game is bull shit, it has to be rigged!"

liam glares at him, "shut up, you're making my brain hurt."

"don't be mad at me just because you failed a test." louis hisses. liam narrows his eyes and reaches his hands out for louis.

"i'm gonna ring your n-"

"guys, shut the hell up." zayn says finally, rolling his eyes at their childishness. liam starts rubbing his temples while louis sighs and shoves his phone in his pocket and crosses his arms. zayn chuckles slightly. "look, spring break is near, there's no need for us all to be annoyed at one another for nothing. we need to figure out what we're gonna do over the break."

"like i said." niall replies.

"yeah, you're right." louis agrees, then looks over at liam tilting his head. liam sighs, pulling his hands from his head and nods.

"fine."

"harry?" zayn says. harry looks around at all of them and nods.

"yeah." he replies quietly.

"so like i was saying before, we can hit the beach, then we can-" niall is cut off by louis.

"no, we can go to a water park. beaches are for chicks who just wanna show off their bikinis and fuck boys looking for a bird. water parks are actually for fun." louis says.

"coming from a fuck boy himself." liam comments. louis glares at him and flips him off. liam sticks his tongue out at him and niall groans, face palming himself.

"okay then, we'll take a vote. water park and all you can eat food, or the beach and possibly get eaten by sharks?" louis asks. zayn laughs as niall scowls at louis. zayn, harry, and louis vote to go to the water park, while niall and liam vote the beach. "water park it is."

"fine, at least there'll be food there." niall sighs. liam chuckles and nudges him.

"fat ass."

"a beautiful one too, wanna see?" niall offers, and everyone declines making him pout. "assholes."

the group was back together and everything was back to normal. aside from harry's quietness, they did manage a laugh or two out of him every now and then, and they always hung out and did fun things together which always brightened harry's day. although he was still in the healing process, it never stopped him from having a good time with his friends, and he wouldn't want it any other way. as long as he had them and zayn, he knew he'd be okay. so for today, harry manages to smile. a real one.

and without warning says, "i love you guys."

"we love you too." louis smiles, the other two men agreeing with him. zayn smiles and kisses harry's temple.

"i love you too baby." harry smiles even wider.

and maybe, this process wouldn't be so hard after all. especially when he has these amazing people surrounding him. people who loved and cared about him like no other.

harry would be brand new in no time. as long as he had them.

~

the end.