thirty

harry and zayn, along with harry's parents stood in the kitchen with the police. after the note they had received, they notified the police. harry was standing back, not really saying anything to the police, while zayn and his parents did all the talking. he was sitting on the stool at the island, listening to everyone's voice overlap each other. he could tell his parents were highly upset because zack still hadn't been caught and their son was in danger because the cops were taking their sweet time.

zayn was even more vicious telling them that they need to up their game and use their smarts to get him, and he was pissed off, trying his best not to rain his anger down on them. harry on the other hand knew that the cops were doing the best they could, or at least he hoped they were. he also knew that not in all cases the suspect is captured, some of them even get away with it. harry hoped that wouldn't be the end result in this case, he wanted zack to be in custody where he couldn't harm him or anyone else. it was taking time, and harry knew it would.

zack's doings were stupid, but zack himself was smart. he wasn't just gonna a let the cops out smart him, he knew what he was doing and harry hated it. he hated how zack always got his way and could always get away with things. he just wanted, for once to have justice for what zack had done to him. but for now he was just trying to keep calm and not freak out over that note. that note scared him more than anything since he had gotten back. he didn't wanna be in the hands of that monster again and he'd do anything to keep that from happening.

harry zoned back into reality and the loud voices rang in his ears.

"you guys need to do your fucking job and catch that bastard because if he comes near my son again, i'll kill him myself." harry's father yelled, fuming as he nearly lost it. his mum's arms are crossed over her chest and she looked highly distressed and upset. zayn just looks like he wants to punch someone.

"sir, we are doing the best we can, it's going to take some time." one of the officers said.

"if this is the best you do, i'd hate to see you at your worst." anne rolled her eyes, as she ran a hand through her hair stressed.

"okay listen, the detectives are doing what they can for now. but if it makes you all feel any better, we can place harry under police protection until the suspect is taken in." the officer says, hoping that harry's parents would accept the offer and harry hoped they would too. he didn't want them arguing with the police who are the ones trying to help. and he really didn't want anymore drama on top of the situation and he wanted peace with the police and the arguing made him even more nervous.

"and what will you do?" harry's dad asked.

"we will send an officer to monitor the house, and whenever harry goes out, he'll have a police escort to make sure nothing goes on." he explains. harry's mum immediately takes a liking to that idea and nods.

"i'd like that."

"we just want our son safe, you need to understand that officer."

"we do understand and we'll do our best to keep harry out of harm's way." he assures them. harry's parents finally calmed down, while zayn turned around and let them discuss the details quietly amongst themselves. he walked over to harry who was still sitting on the stool quietly and swinging his legs slightly. zayn sits next to him and grabs harry's hand in his gently.

"you okay baby?" zayn asked. harry looks at him and nods.

"yes, i'm just tired- mentally." harry mumbles. zayn pouts and leans over to capture harry's lips in a brief kiss, harry returning the action. harry looks into zayn's eyes sadly. "i just want it to end."