twenty nine

it was a pretty normal day at the beginning. despite liam, louis, and niall heading back off to uni. their two week break was over but had insisted that they stay here to support harry until zack was found and taken into custody, but harry urged them to go not wanting them to be held off from school because of him. after a whole lot of convincing, they finally decided they'd go back, but strictly told harry to keep in contact with them and let them know everything that's going on. harry promised he would and they went on their way after saying goodbyes.

zayn on the other hand did not go back to school with them. zayn refused to leave harry alone, even though harry wasn't completely alone since he had his family, but he didn't want to take any risks. he was gonna be by harry's side until the very end and he meant it, harry's pestering wasn't gonna make him even think about attending school against just yet. not until his psycho of a brother was captured and this whole thing was all over and he knew for a fact that harry was safe. for now they'd keep a low profile and play it safe.

harry was in the kitchen, cooking some breakfast for he and zayn. he hasn't been eating much at all, but zayn insisted he make some breakfast for them and at least try to eat a little more. harry loved cooking before this all started, but now it's like he's a stranger in the kitchen. zayn felt so bad. harry's been through a lot, it'll take some time for him to return to his old self. the friendly, kind, bubbly, social butterfly that he really is, and not a sad and terrified reflection of himself. it saddened zayn to see him the way he was now, he wanted his harry back, his sweet loving boyfriend, that he was madly head over heels for.

zayn was descending the stairs after a quick trip the the loo, when he hears harry scream loudly. and zayn did not like that very well, considering the circumstances, so almost tumbling down the rest of the stairs, zayn bolts into the kitchen, his heart pounding, only the find harry alone and sobbing softly as he holds his hand over cold water in the sink. zayn walks over to him and wraps his arms around his waist from behind causing harry to jump slightly. "god baby, you scared me. are you okay?"

harry sniffles and nods, "i-i'm okay, just burned myself." he explains as he winces at the pain in his hand. zayn gently takes his hand and examines it. his hand is slightly reddened and looks painful. zayn cooes and turns harry to face him, turning off the faucet.

"c'mon baby, let's get some burn ointment on that." harry nods and lets zayn pull him up to the bathroom to get the first aid kit. zayn takes out the burn treatment and carefully applies it to harry's burn. harry just watches him the whole time, wincing here and then. but as he watches zayn take care of him, like he always does, so carefully and lovingly, handling harry as if he'd break like delicate china. it sprung tears to harry's eyes to see someone care so deeply for him that they were willing to put their own lives on pause just for him, drop priories just to come and find him and rescue him, and take care of him like he meant the world. harry sniffles loudly and brings his hand up to wipe his eyes. zayn looks at harry and frowns, "shit, am i hurting you babe? i didn't mean to, fuck-" harry laughs softly, cutting zayn off and surprising him.

"you're not hurting me zee, you're doing quite the opposite." harry laughs tearfully. a genuine laugh that brings a smile onto zayn's lips. "just stop being such a loving boyfriend, my poor heart can't take it."

"awe babe, don't you get all emotional on me." zayn says, smiling. harry giggles and stares into zayn's eyes, getting lost in them as he always does looking into those beautiful islands of passion. he bites his lip, suddenly becoming shy as he moves closer to zayn and buries his face in the crook of zayn's neck.