fourty five

an: sorry in advance, there's a lot of dialogue in this chapter, sorry. but enjoy :)

~

zayn left harry's house, a little irritated. he wanted to stay a little longer to spend time with harry. his parents said that he has spend enough time with harry if not all of his time, but zayn didn't care. especially in a time like this, it really shouldn't matter how much time he sends with harry. he was going through something and zayn wanted to be there for him through it all, because that's what he promised. hopefully whatever his parents needed to discuss with him was worth while.

zayn enters the house with his key, locking the door behind him. as soon as the door shuts, his mum exits the kitchen. she has a wary look on her face, but smiles anyway motioning zayn to follow her into the kitchen. zayn narrows his eyes before sighing and following her into the kitchen. once he enters, he sees his dad sitting on the chair at the end of the table, looking as if he was thinking hard.

zayn frowns. he knows his dad is a busy man hence why he's barely ever home, so if he's here and not actually dressed in a work suit this must have been pretty serious. his mum walks around to the other side of the table and sits next to his dad. instead of sitting, zayn decides to walk over to the table and stand there with his arms crossed eyeing his parents suspiciously. he noticed their weird behavior before, and now they are wanting to talk about something 'big'. he was curious to what it can be. although he knows the potential things it could be about.

"so, how have you been zayn?" his dad suddenly asks. zayn scoffs.

"really dad? small talk?"

"look, what we have to discuss is pretty big, i just wanna make sure you're okay before we say anything." he replies, looking up at zayn who stood on the other side of the table.

"well, i'm fine so spill, you're both being weird." zayn says raising an eyebrow at the both of them. they both let out a sigh, looking at each other. his mum nods at his dad, making zayn roll his eyes as he's becoming more and more impatient at their procrastination. his mum looks up at him, placing her hands on top of the table, biting her lip slightly. her eyes are sorrowful and filled with pain. and for a second zayn actually thinks she might inform him that maybe zack died in the hospital and they were gonna force him to go say good bye. but instead, that's not the case.

"um, well, the hospital has been contacting us for the passed a few days on your bro- zack's well being... and um they say, he'll make a full recovery.." she trails off. zayn shrugs.

"and i care cause?" zayn replies, literally confused as to why zack recovering would make him happy. he actually had hoped maybe there'd be some type of permanent damage.

she sighs, "and, they tell us they've been monitoring him pretty thoroughly.."

"okay ma, i get it. zack is in the hospital when he should really be locked up for good, and he's recovering. great." zayn says sarcastically. "but what else? what's the big deal and why do i need to know?" his dad looks over at him again clenching his jaw slightly, but not out of anger, more so out of frustration at the situation.