twenty four

warning: triggering scene, again don't read if you are uncomfortable.

zayn was stroking harry's palm under the table as he say quietly, giving harry the comfort he needed throughout the time they would be here. the officer had started off with light questions, stuff like his name, where he lived, and who zack was to him. harry answered pretty well, but when it came to telling them who zack was to him, he seemed to stutter and stumble over his words. it was like harry was confused as the what the guy was to him. which confused zayn. zack really wasn't anybody to harry. he was just a guy who made it his job to hurt harry in any way he could and take advantage of his naivety.

but harry had told the cop that at first zack was a close friend and explained how zack's behavior had changed over the time they were friends, up until things started to get rough and crazy. which was okay, because it was true, they were very close friends in the beginning. and the cops needed to know what their relationship was so zayn did not make a comment , although it bothered him for harry to have to refer to him as a friend and not as just his abuser. but it was better to tell the full truth than to have harry holding back. he not only wanted to know as well what went down, he needed to know. he needed to hear what happened to his harry when he was taken away and held against his will and all alone.

"-right, so when do you say zack started to get kinda abusive towards you?" zayn zoned back in on the conversation and looked towards harry as he bit his lip in curiosity, waiting for harry to answer. he was just as interested in that answer than anybody was.

harry's eyes shifted around the room as he picked at his sweat pants- the ones calum let him borrow since he'd been half naked when they arrived here. "um, i-it was the beginning of summer after we- we graduated high school." harry manages out. the officer Kales, they learned his name was, hummed and continued to dock notes.

"how bad was it?" he asked, and when harry gave him a look he spoke again, "like was he persist? did he strike regularly or were there certain days he would do that? how bad did you feel he was?"

"o-oh. um he was uh, after the first time i just kinda distanced myself from him, but then he came to me a few days later and apologized. and i um- i-i forgave him." harry whispers the last part, feeling highly ashamed. abuse wasn't something you just casually forgive somebody for, it takes time. but harry being the trusting person he was gave zack a second chance, just because he was such a close friend and he trusted him not to bring any harm to him again. but boy was he wrong. "j-just a week after that, he hit me again." harry looks down. zayn wraps an arm around him, rubbing his back softly letting harry know he didn't have to be ashamed. it's not his fault zack was a manipulative being and harry being the kind heart personality that always believed there was good in everyone.

"okay, fast forward, a year later. what was the relationship between the two of you? how were things?"

"there wasn't a relationship with us, i'm with zayn." harry mumbles not wanting them to think there was any type of romantic relations going on between them, because there wasn't. anything that happened between zack and harry was forced. harry never willing kissed him, never ever gave consent to any sexual things that went on between the two. it was a non existent, non consensus relationship. if harry weren't so afraid of what zack would do to him, he would've never let it happen. "but, it didn't stop. he was still very abusive towards me, even more now."

"i need you to be more specific now. can you do that?"

harry swallows starting to tense up, but he took another breath and started to tell them more details. how zack would push him around, slap him, beat him and use him as a punching bag whenever he was mad. he even told them about all the times zack would get really aggressive and would attempt to choke him out. zayn was clenching his hand he wasn't holding harry's with into a fist, clenching his jaw as anger flared inside of him. harry had already told him what happened with he and zack but just hearing it a second time enraged him even more. and that's not even counting what happened after harry was kidnapped, they hadn't even gotten to that part, so zayn knew he was gonna be obeying pissed after harry told them.