Chapeter Eight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Help me!" You heard the call of a girl's voice. "Please..."

You couldn't see through the pitch black overcast. It blinded you...and you knew this isn't where Gaster was normally at...the atmosphere was different.

There were sounds of the girl sniffling as she continued calling for help. For some reason, you struggled to find your voice.

"P-please don't hurt me..." She started to stutter as your vision became more clear. There was a girl, about the same age as yourself, wearing a green and cream striped sweater. She had a pale face, easily revealing her rosy cheeks. Her face was covered in fear and was sprawled out on the floor.

"You idiot..." Another voice crackled, which soon revealed itself to be a golden petaled flower. "You really think that after what you've done...I'll let you go?"

You struggled against anything to defend this girl. Even your eye couldn't flicker. You felt something loosen as you tugged to get to the two figures.

"Wait!" You cried out, now finding your voice. White pellets started to form around the girl as the flower started to laugh. "Stop!"

Again you tugged, feeling whatever had hold of you rip itself off of you. Now you ran towards them, trying to stop whatever tragedy would've happen. The flower, now noticing you, seemed to have froze from shock and annoyance.

"Stop." You said again as you placed yourself in front of the girl, protecting her. The flower seemed a little confused and skeptical about your actions. Even reluctant to attack. Suddenly, it's eyes widened in surprise.

"If anything..." The girl started to talk from behind you, her voice now more bold than before. A hand grabbed at the back of your neck. "...you're the idiot."

She started to crackle in laughter as the flower raised it's attack with the white pellets. She tightened her grip on your neck causing you to start gagging.

"Let go of her, Chara."

"All I need is one human soul. Then I could leave. How could anyone leave such an open opportunity?" The girl, which you assumed was Chara, started to squeeze harder, now choking you. Confusion and fear started to settle as you began to cough for air.

"You're not going to get her soul." The flower growled. A screech of pain came from behind you as she let go of your body, allowing the flower to retreat with you. Breathing in the air, you felt sudden relief flood within you as the flower dropped you to the ground. "What are you doing?!"

"Huh?"

"You idiot. Protecting her?! Are you trying to get yourself killed?!"

You stayed silent, unsure of what to say. The flower then sighed and shook it's head in annoyance.

"Look. I don't know how you got down here, but don't come back again."

"Right..." You muttered and looked around, checking for the Chara girl. "I don't even know how I got here."

"Well, just don't come back. This is an everlasting battle between me and her. No one else."

"I wasn't trying to interfere....how did you expect me to know that she was the guilty one?"

It seemed stumped on that question.

"Whatever." It scoffed and looked around again. "My name's Flowey, by the way. If for some reason you come back."