Chapter Forty Two

"He's a bit much, don't you think?" Simon muttered as he led you out of the darkened hallway. With the turn of his head, he faced you.

"Yeah." You mumbled and started to feel a wet soreness upon you ribs, causing your mind to struggle to figure out the origin of the pain. The both of you walked into the light, causing you to squint at the brightness.

"Hey, um. Clare got pretty beat up when you left, and she's not looking too good." 

"Huh?" You mumbled out, feeling grogginess fill your head. "Clare....what?"

Simon raised an eyebrow at you and looked at you straight in the eyes. 

"Clare almost died...you don't look too good-"

You began to stumble, eventually finding support from a nearby wall. Before either one of you could say anything, your throat coughed up blood, sending pain through your head. Immediately, tears welled up into your eyes as you felt your ribs begin to throb. Simon rushed to your aid, placing his hand upon your wound. Upon contact, you felt an unbearable sting and pushed yourself away from him, wailing in agony. He blinked in surprise, now glancing at you with a knowing expression.

"(y/n)." He started to approach you, preparing to help you again. "Did you fight the Number Four?"

You forced a nod.

"Did you get hit by her orb?"

You nodded again.

"Shit." Simon picked you up and rushed you out somewhere. You couldn't properly analyze where he took you, after all, your head began to spin and eventually brought you unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wouldn't be for another week until you woke up and when you did, you were very weak. To be honest, you weren't sure how long you were out. It didn't really matter to you, after all, it was painfully noticable that it was hard to breathe and to even blink took major effort. 

Everyone you knew was glad you were okay. Except Clare. You didn't know how she felt about you, or even if she knew. You hadn't heard from her, and the others kept saying something about how a magician took her out. She was still recovering.

Sans was a huge crybaby when he found that you were consciously thinking. His skull was stained with tear streaks, but he managed to be with you every second he could be. Your room was often filled with flowers because of him. 

"How you feeling, Sweetheart?" Sans asked, now caressing your hand gently. 

"I can breathe better." You mumbled and attempted to blink, which you struggled to accomplish entirely. 

"That's great!" The skeleton exclaimed and kissed your hand. "You'll be back in no time!"

"I can't wait." You smiled, trying to hold in a giggle. From past experiences, you figured that even a chuckle would hurt your ribs. "Do you know how Clare's doing?"

Sans frowned a bit and scratched the back of his head.

"Well...the poor girl is actually starting to wake up from what I last heard...but then I heard that two days ago." Sans mumbled. "She's probably alright."

"I hope so."  

Something was off and it happened before you could manage to process what had actually happened. Everything around you froze and deepened into a dark black, and when everything was black, your vision began to flicker into another reality. Another world.

You found yourself sitting in a small space, the walls that contained you appeared to be glass. The room outside was dim and before you stood two familiar figures. One, with black hair, and the other with red.