Chapter Thirty One

Through your closed eyes, you were able to hear out the 'click' of a camera. With a drowsy yawn, you opened your tired eyes and saw the face of your sleeping Sans. Until now, you hadn't noticed that his arms were slung around your waist and that your own hand was still upon his chest (or in this case, his ribs). Heat rose in your cheeks, but you chose to accept it and huddled yourself closer to him. Looking up at the many faces casually doing their everyday tasks, you noticed that Flowey had a camera rested in his flower pot and angled towards you. His smile was an odd and amused one. 

"Hey, idiot." He greeted through his grin and tossed the camera at Frisk. Everyone else then greeted you 'good morning' from their own seats. Sans began to stir, causing you to turn to him with wide eyes. He shook himself awake, and soon enough had his own eyes open, looking down at you. 

"Mornin', Fruitloop." He smiled and pecked your forehead, causing all your insides to melt. That tingling feeling spiraled around your forehead, causing you to shudder from enjoyment and embarrassment. He chuckled at your reaction. "Too much to handle? Sorry."

"Wh- No!" You paused in doubt. "Okay, maybe a little."

"Heh. You're cute when you're all flustered."

"Can you two stop being so....I don't know, annoying?!" Flowey spat at the both of you, causing you look up at the flower. With a tired smirk, you granted his request and slowly rolled away from Sans. He whined a bit, but got over it quickly and sat up to wake himself up. You did the same and stretched out your back, causing the morning sleepiness to finally roll away. 

That brought you into concision thinking, allowing you to remember the two charms. With a quick snatch, you opened the box and lifted the letter from your dad, revealing the two, dead glass balls. Somehow, you felt connected to them, like you were the one that needed to give them life. But, these were just objects. Why are you so...attached to these...things? 

"Hey, twerp!" Undyne called out and turned to you. "What you holding?!"

"Eh...magic orb regulators?" You summed up with a nervous tone. Everyone turned to you in confusion, allowing you to reexplain what these charms were and the letter you read the previous night. Slowly, everyone nodded in understanding, which allowed you to sigh from the responsibility.

"You gonna put them on?" Undyne asked. 

"Are you crazy? No way I'm gonna put that much power in my clumsy hands!" You scoffed and bit your lip.

"What?! Come on, (y/n). Think of all the strength you could get. You could literally be the most powerful magician alive!"

"I gonna get myself killed if I do that."

"Not necessarily. Your magic is under your own control and will, right?"

"Yeah...?"

"Then if you just learn to use it, you'll be fine!"

You just were about to counter her argument, when the RV skidded to a stop. Gaster was driving, so everyone began to question him about the abrupt stop. 

"What's happening, Dr. Gaster?" Toriel asked, making her way to the front. He turned to the rest of you and snapped his bony fingers, causing the door to fly open. His tone came out much more harsh than you expected.

"Someone go get Gerson, now!" He hissed and slipped out of the RV. Undyne immediately rushed out of the truck, with Asgore running out, not to far behind her. 

"Who's Gerson?" You asked as saw Frisk attempt to run out of the car, only to be held back by Toriel.

"It's too dangerous, my child." She said sternly to the young girl. You grumbled to yourself as you rushed out of the truck to see what was happening. There was a large group of humans terrorizing and stoning an old turtle looking monster. Only one of his eye were functional, while the other was tightly shut. Upon instinct, you rushed out after Undyne, Gaster, and Asgore to help protect the monster. Your right eye flared allowing for control of any artificial objects. Here's the catch. You were in the middle of the forest clearing and almost everything was natural and alive.