Chapter Twelve

"You want to have a sleepover tonight, Pap?" You heard Sans and Papyrus talking over some 'get-together' for this evening from the couch. It was still Friday and you had actually started your make-up work. You left your chemistry work alone though....you planned on using that as an excuse to have him help you.

"I DON'T SEE WHY NOT! I THINK (y/n) WILL LIKE TO MEET EVERYONE ELSE! WE COULD HAVE A SPAGHETTI PARTY!"

"Pap. She has to make up her school work. What if she doesn't want to have it today?Why don't we just do it tomorrow night?"

"WELL WHY DON'T WE ASK HER? HUMAN!" Pap poked his head out of the kitchen to face you. Sans poked his out in a similar fashion, opening his mouth to say something...only to stop himself.

"Yes, Pap?" You asked as you scribbled down words onto your English homework.

"WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE A SLEEPOVER TONIGHT OR TOMORROW?"

"Eh...whatever works with you guys." You said, unsure of what to say. It doesn't really matter.

"Well, how much work do you have left?" Sans asked, twiddling his thumbs.

"I'm almost done with English and with your help, I should be done with Chemistry by later tonight." You informed the skele-bros. They both nodded and started to talk at the same time.

"I THINK TONIGHT-"

"I think tomorrow-"

They glared at each other and started to argue, stating their points on why they were right. It was pretty amusing actually...Sans was all riled up, which filled you with little rushes of excitement. You felt your cheeks get warmer. Just the sight of his little self this steamed...hilarious and adorable.

"WELL, SHE'S ALMOST DONE! I DON'TSEE WHY NOT!"

"Have you seen the clock! It's fricken 6:30! At night! We hardly have time to prep!"

"WE'VE DONE IT ON SHORT NOTICES BEFORE!"

"But this is with (y/n)!"

You decided to speak up, hoping to break up the fight.

"Hey, guys. I think tomorrow would be best." You felt those words tumble out...after all, it was only upon instinct to favor Sans' side. They both froze, only Pap had a confused expression and Sans' face was plastered with victory.

"WHY?"

"Yeah, why? Or else Pap will-"

"WILL WHAT?" Pap challenged, obviously annoyed with Sans.

"Guys. Guys." You laughed as you set your papers to the side. "Look. For one, I think it'll be fun to go shopping later to get the proper things to prep, like Sans said, and we could cook in the morning. Two, it'll give me time to take a second glance at my FMC Debate papers."

Those were the suckiest arguments ever, oh my god.

The two brothers looked at each other. Sans had a knowing grin of success while Pap grumbled in failure.

"TOMORROW IS OKAY, I GUESS." Papyrus murmured and rushed upstairs. "TELL ME WHEN YOU GUYS ARE READY TO GO! THIS IS ALL JUST ANOTHER VICTORY FOR THE GREAT PAPYRUS!"

He let out a 'Nyeh heh heh' and closed the door to his room, leaving you with Sans.

"Well then." You let out, trying to chase away the awkward silence. With a shrug, you started the last question to your English homework.

"Heh." Sans chuckled nervously and sat himself next to you on the couch. "Well, I guess I'll text everyone. Just tell me when you need my help."

"Kay." You replied as you finished the last question. The nerves within you started to scream in excitement. His presence seemed to have riled you up...way too easily. Chill. Chill. Chill. Chill.

You stumbled a bit as you reached over to pull out your chemistry assignments. At first glance, you already knew you were clueless on the problems. What is this even asking?

"Um...Sans..." You muttered as you read over the worksheet, unsure of what any of the new vocabulary meant.

"Yeah, kiddo?"

"What the heck is 'entropy'? And all this other stuff?" You felt your brain cloud in confusion as Sans scooted closer to you to glance at your homework. At this point, your chest started to bubble from the raging nerves.

"(Y/n)." He laughed and pointed at the 'entropy'. He started to explain what you were to do and soon enough, you found yourself scribbling the answers down on the worksheets.

"Wait, so because of this, the energy moves at equilibrium?" You asked even though you already knew the answer. Simply, you just wanted to hear his voice...the tone sounded relaxed and carefree.

"Yep! You're getting it, kid!" He laughed and offered you a high five, which you accepted without hesitation. Pride spiraled within you as you quickly scribbled off the last answer.

"And it's all thanks to you, Sans." You smiled sweetly at him as you slipped the papers into your folder. As you did, you saw his face flush in a light blue blush. Turning back to him, he adverted his eyes to his phone with a nervous smile.

"I-It's no problem, kid." He chuckled hesitantly, causing you to smirk.

"It's a compliment, Sans. Why are you so flustered already?" You laughed and poked his cheekbone, only to see the color become a deeper shade of blue.

"Shut up." He grumbled, masking his uncomfortable behavior. You shrugged with a taunting chuckle and started to make your way upstairs.

"Imma go get Pap so we could go, mkay?" You saw him nod as he threw his hood over his head. It drooped over his face so it was no longer visible to you. He's behaving so oddly...heh...he probably wasn't expecting it.

But...there was that little voice within you.

Maybe he does like you.

You felt the happiness and hope flood within you but quickly, you shook your head and pushed away the thought. There's no way he'd like someone like you...he is, after all, a monster and you're only a human.