Chapter Thirty Nine

It's been about two weeks since you've met Simon and due to the information he handed to you about Matt, you've noticed that if you looked carefully enough, you'd find that he was always around. Regardless of how much work he was doing, he always seemed to have found a way to glance at you, and this made you extremely uncomfortable. Because of your current state of mourning, you were no longer stuck in an emptiness, but as an all time annoyed individual. Everything you weren't familiar with annoyed you and the whole Matt situation was not helping.

"Hey, punk." Undyne nudged you and gestured towards Matt, who was currently talking to Simon. His eyes were looking at you, so you shot him a glance, causing him to turn away in embarrassment.

"Yeah?" You asked blandly, feeling the irritation of his presence press against you.

"Is that dude annoying you, 'cause we could just leave and check up on Alphys or Sans if you want."

"How 'bout we go see Mettaton?" You proposed, causing Undyne to nod in agreement. You turned away, allowing for her body to cover your's as you both left the room. There was the penetration of Matt's eyes that dug into you as you turned out of the door.

"That guy- I think his name was Max or Matt or something- but he seems a bit creepy. Not that it's something that I couldn't fix, after all, I'd punch him square in the jaw and he'd be sent running to his mother." Undyne muttered and turned to you, finding that you were holding yourself in annoyance and light fear. You haven't told her about what Simon had told you because you didn't want any drama. "Somethin' wrong, punk?"

You chose to be honest.

"His stare makes me feel kinda violated." You shuddered and clutched onto the sleeves of your hoodie tighter. She bit her lip in frustration and nodded.

"Well, if you want, I could actually give him a good fist-to-the-gut, but that's kind of forbidden here." She sighed and gashed her teeth. "Shame."

You nodded and turned around to check for Matt's dreaded presence. Instead, you saw Simon being thrown out of the room that you had just left and was slapped against the opposite wall.

"What the hell was that?" Undyne spat and turned around to see Simon shakily stand up and swear at the offender. The door was slammed shut, allowing for the hallway to echo with the sudden sound.

You shook yourself out of your shock and rushed over to Simon who was stretching out his neck and shoulders.

"Oh my gosh, Simon. You okay?" You asked, now feeling concern flood your lungs.

"I'm fine. Matt's just crazy." He muttered and shot you a smile.

"What happened?" Undyne asked walking up to you both. Sizing them up, Simon was about an inch or two shorter than the fish, but she had a leaner build than he did.

"Nothing special." He held his gaze, but you knew that he was trying to come up with an explanation. "Just Matt getting mad again."

"Right..." Undyne said doubtfully and crossed her arms. "Well, he's your problem, not mine. Just as long as your fine. Let's go, (y/n)."

You looked over at Simon, who just smiled stupidly at you. It took him a couple seconds to say something.

"Oh! Yeah, you can go take off. I need to go talk to Clare and get her some things for the Amalgamates." He sputtered nervously, and covered his lack of fluency with a smile.

"Okay then...tell her I said hello." You said and turned to take off after Undyne. From behind, you could make out his fading steps. Turning to Undyne, she looked down at you and frowned.