4

ENZO

MY ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF EXISTENCE

Just as Vær, I also had to go through a defining moment in my life. Hers had probably been five years ago when she was twelve years old and had to be submitted to molecular test before us all and prove her weakness among the vampires of our species.

Today was my particular day and how I had been turned into a vampire when I was still only a little boy, I was awarded a distinct category. That is, I had a pure, innocent soul, my hierarchy as a vampire would also be another.

I came to the special ceremonies room in the castle in Neptune, as I was walking slowly and then stopped in the middle of the saloon. I looked ahead and saw Vincent sitting on his stone throne. He was waiting for me, as well as all the members of his family, those who lived in the Eighth planet.

Eros was standing next to his wife Valkyrie and Vær got a little away from her parents. The years passed quickly by and the beauty of my friend Vær was shaping up with more perfection and sweetness. She was seventeen, already about to turn eighteen. Her height and physiognomy had changed to more proportions and she was really more beautiful every day. Her face was more mature, her breasts were rounder and her lips were also outlined and adorned with a dark lipstick, in bluish black tone.

She was much similar to Valkyrie and incredible as it seemed, I was a lot like her father Eros. Sometimes I had the impression that life had adapted younger clones of these two vampires.

"Enzo." Vincent began to speak with a trained voice to utter words of honor, worthy of a ceremony."Today you are completing 100 years of existence."

At that moment I remained silent and agreed with him, only using the smooth movement of my head. Having one hundred years of existence was something strange. I was old at age, but I didn't feel like an ancient. However, at the existence of a vampire, 100 years was like having 18 years at the human counting. I had not yet lived more than a thousand years as the master of the vampires.

"How you became a vampire when you were still a child, it was certain that when you completed one hundred years, your category as a vampire would be changed."

Everyone was attentive looking at me as they were standing in the middle of the room and I was looking suspiciously to my master. I was not even aware of what really would happen to me from that ritual.

"Changed?"

I questioned, frowning.

"Yes."Vincent rose from his throne, took a few steps forward and stopped at the edge of the altar's ground.

"From today, you will become a creature with wings."

He affirmed. I stared at his face full of satisfaction. It was an honor for him to have loyal vampires and with different specialties in his cohabitation. At that instant, I felt like a trophy for my master.

"You will be an angel vampire."

He confessed. I kept staring at him in amazement. Vincent or no one had never revealed me it before. So I really had been caught by surprise.

"Angel Vampire?"

"Yes." He stated aware of everything about my newest category of vampires. "Now you belong to the angel vampire category."

"What will change in my life after that?"

"Not much thing."

He sat back on his throne. He relaxed for a few seconds, looked at my image as a vampire, with the physiognomy of a twenty-one, in dark clothes, a long black cloak over the body, open at the front part. I was not used to wearing an undershirt under my cloak. So the Neptune symbol was visible on the right part of my breast.