15

ENZO

MY CONVERSATION WITH THE VAMPIRE EROS

An owl was flying from the sky and landed on the parapet of the castle balcony. In a few moments, it had been losing its shape with dark feathers and gaining another format, which revealed the face of a vampire with legs, arms and head. He stopped at my side and we both stayed there, side by side, looking at the horizon distant from us. It was not a well-rehearsed scene, but it seemed so perfect for two individuals who looked like each other in the external contour.

"I know how you must be feeling now."

Eros began saying, after having rested one of his hand on my right shoulder, thus demonstrating his camaraderie as a friend, a companion for all the time and especially as a father that I had not after I was kidnapped by Valmont.

"I also lived it and was forced to fulfill the mission of being the guardian of Valkyrie. The difference was that she was still human and I did not know before..."

He smiled; trying to face at things with more naturalness, but despite the fact that I felt that he was the father of Vær and was so worried about his only heiress.

"But you know my daughter so well. She grew up with your presence. So you know her almost better than anyone. You will know how to take care of her."

"I still think it is craziness Vær wanting to go to the planet Earth."

At last, I ended up shaking my head.

"I think so too, but Vincent has authorized her and no one can pass over his order. He is our master. He rules this place and all the vampires who reside here."

"Yes. I know."

Soon I lowered my head after Eros's words.

"In fact, I'm not comfortable with this situation. I do not know if I will know how to take care of Vær so well like this. As you may know, she has an impetuous temper. She is stubborn and obstinate when she wants something."

"Yeah."

Eros shook his head, agreeing with my last pronunciation.

"Vaer is just like her mother." He smiled away, remembering his wife. "Valkyrie was also very stubborn and never gave up my love. She did everything to get it and ended up getting it."

At that instant, I remembered that Vær also was looking for a true love like the love of Eros and Valkyrie and if she had the same luck as her mother, she would end up getting what she was going to look for on the planet Earth.

"Vaer put in her mind that she desires to be loved as you and Valkyrie love each other."

Eros smiled at my words.

"My daughter is very dreamy. This is another characteristic that she inherited from her mother."

I ended up threading my hands into the front pockets of my cloak.

"Do you believe Vær really can fall in love with a human?"

Eros looked at the horizon and leaned against the stone railing. The vampire was in no hurry to answer this question. It still sounded vague in his mind because it was dealing with the uncertain future of his daughter.

"Everything is possible."

I got a little stunned by his response as I imagined the vampire Eros would affirm the word 'no'. That is, Vær would never have true feelings for a human being.

"What if this happens? What will happen to the lucky human one who will win the heart of your daughter?"

Eros sounded practical.

"She'll just have to bring this human here and convince Vincent to authorize her to turn him into one of us."

Soon I questioned him.

'If this really happens, Vær will be allowed to live with the human here for the rest of her life?"

"I believe so." He sighed and wondered more details of the future of his little girl, who was the little girl only in the loving way to be treated by him. Because actually, Vær had become a young vampire with a reputable beauty. Her splendor was easy and worthy of extracting suspirations of any guy who looked in her direction. "The human will have to become one of us so he will live beside my daughter and make her happy."

At the end of this sentence, I lowered my head and looked down. I began to imagine Vincent, Eros, Valkyrie, Vær, the human who was a blurred image and finally me. The six of us staying at the castle and living as a united family thus having a blessed end.

At last, I got out of my thoughts and came back to shake my head, thinking it was absurd. I still could not believe that Vær would be able to fall in love with a human guy.

"I don't think that's really possible."

I stated and Eros looked at me in thump.

"Why not? Vær is a beautiful vampire and I believe that he will dazzle many human boys on Earth and I know my daughter very well. She will choose the one which has won her heart first."

My head vibrated softly. Eros seemed to say nonsense and being forced to believe in each of them. Just to try to seem prudent to the happiness of my friend Vaer.

"What should I do when the human boys approach your daughter?"

"You should keep an eye on them."

His hand squeezed one of my shoulders and he advised me.

"Take care of my daughter as if she were your youngest sister."

"Of course."

I nodded at him and after that; I looked down, then biting my lower lip, by containing within me something secret and never revealed to anybody in that castle.

"Vaer will hate me for this, but I have no choice."

Eros removed his hand from my shoulder and pressed her lips with longing.

"I believe that your mission will have no failures."

"Why are you telling me this?"

I questioned, looking at him, and seeing him in profile.

He shook his head and did not want to go into details.

"For nothing" smiled with camaraderie. "Forget what I told and focus just on your mission to protect my little girl."