40 - End

VAER

STRANGE BEHAVIOR

Wendel said goodbye to me at the gate of my house, depositing only a dry kiss on my forehead. After that, he turned back and began to walk along the earth road. In the deserted street had no illumination or nearby houses from mine and that made the region so abandoned and forgotten by humans.

But my classmate seemed to walk peacefully without fearing the deserted road and its darkness. I kept watching him for some time before I looked back and see the shady house. My house was so quiet and uninhabited. It seemed to have no one there.

But when I opened the front door of the house, the silence followed me. I ended up looking at the couch where Enzo used to be asleep and it was empty. He was not lying there. Soon I worried about his absence in that house.

"Enzo!"

I started walking through the residence and there was no sign of him. There was only the sound of my own footsteps reflected by the heels of my long pipes boots and the sound of my voice that insisted on calling his name in the middle of the house.

"Enzo!"

I stopped in the hallway and saw the bathroom door slowly opening. Enzo came out of it a bit confused. He seemed a little lost in his actions. The vampire still was in his cloak as he did not seem to have fallen asleep before that.

"Why have you delayed to answer my calls?"

I questioned looking at his face and seeing him more red-faced. There were traces of sweat on his forehead. Since so I frowned still looking at his countenance.

"Are you sweating?"

It was strange. Hardly the vampires transpired so easily.

But he shied away and walked to the side, trying to leave the corridor firster than me. The vampire walked towards the couch and I was behind him. When he turned to face me, I gently deposited my right hand in the middle of his chest and felt his bare skin. Enzo never wore a shirt underneath his cape.

During my unexpected action, his eyes widened at my image and I did the same on his face.

"You are hot!"

I mumbled confusedly. His temperature should be cold. After all, he was a vampire. I had never felt his temperature to looks tepid. As if he was alive in nature.

"What's going on, Enzo? Can you explain me why of your elevated temperature?"

He turned to one side and shook his head, resolute in believing in my statements.

"You are going crazy! Me? Warm?"

He turned to me again and looked me in the eye as he affirmed with his supernatural eyes. The apples of his eyes were burning. His eyeballs had an uneven brightness.

"You had some hallucination! What have you been drinking?"

He asked looking at my countenance more closely.

At this minute, he affirmed.

"Some humans have the habit of using some substances to have hallucinations. Do not tell me you have let them get in your head?"

"No!" I shook my head. "I felt your warm skin! I swear!"

He held my hand and led it again in the middle of his chest and my palm felt the cold temperature of his skin. Now it was back to normal. I ended up feeling stunned by the coldness of it at that moment.

"I'm frozen."

The vampire alleged, realizing that I had perceived that at that instant. Enzo let my hand go and I pulled it back to me, still feeling the sensation of having experienced the hot and cold surface of Enzo's torso. He looked in my figure and saw me in my dark pink dress and said something related to the time.

"You arrived a little late today! Next time I'll have to put an alarm clock in your body, so you will not forget the time to came back home."

After that, he threw himself on the couch, keeping his belly up and crossing his arms on his chest. He was trying to sleep in my presence. But I stood there, watching him in silence. I hated when I wanted to extend more our conversation and Enzo fled it, thus making himself a vampire cynical and almost nonexistent.

"You're very strange lately!"

I mumbled and he looked at me with one eye partially open. But not contested and waited for me to continue talking.

"There's something wrong with you, Enzo. First, I witnessed you the other day, injecting something in your blood vessel and now you transpire because of the heat."

Enzo pretended not to hear my suspicion. Soon he turned aside on the couch and ended up turning his back to me, as he was not disposed to continue listening to my rant. But bad luck for him because I kept exposing my opinion anyway, about his strange behavior.

"Enzo, I'll find out what's happening to you. I will not rest until I know everything."

He simulated to be dead for a few seconds and then raised a hand in the air, as ordered me with an ironic air. I imagined he had learned that type of thing with my father.

"OK! Carry on with your incumbency, and after you will perceive I am right because I'm not hiding anything from you. I'm telling the truth and if you do not believe me, do not believe that everything is ok with me. Then feel at easy to think what you desire really to consider regarding me."

He paused and descended his hand, crossing it on his chest.

"Now let me sleep!"

We got in silence.

Enzo remained laid with his back to me. But I kept there, standing on the couch, staring at the object serving as a bed for a vampire who was beginning to make me strongly suspicious against him.

My grandfather had ordered a guardian behind me to protect me and be an example and mirror of my safety. But during that night, I had the impression that something was wrong with Enzo.

Better saying, maybe the Guardian from Neptune needed help...

*END*

W0&D