22

VAER

MY FIRST CLASS DAY

"Folks, this is Vær, the newest student in the class."

The teacher said when I stepped for the first time in the classroom. All students were looking at me and the boys seemed impressed with my image. On that occasion, I was wearing the school uniform. That is a pleated black skirt, black seven - eighths stocking, boot long pipe in black color, white shirt lace, tie and a black beret on my head.

Right now, I looked at the desks and saw one of them unoccupied behind the girl with red hair, who had given me information about the school a day before.

"Hi."

She told me after I sat on one of the chairs behind her.

"Hi".

"I am glad you got a place in my class!"

"It was nothing hard!"

I smiled quietly.

When I looked around, I saw some boys and some girls looking at my figure again. Since so I went back to look ahead and ignored their eyes in my direction at that instant. This made me more secure in my post as a new student at the school. As it was still very strange and frightening for me, become part of a place that I had never been before and it was only frequented by humans.

"My name is Erina and hers?"

"Vaer, I call Vær."

"Vaer is a different name! But I liked it!"

She smiled gently, still sitting toward the back of her chair.

"My Grandfather chose that name."

I remembered Vincent and his fundamental role in the choice of my name.

"Your Grandfather has good taste, Vær!"

I smiled proud of him.

"Yes, he has..."

Then we turned to sit correctly in our chairs and began to pay attention in the class of the teacher of Portuguese. She spoke looking toward her students and demanded silence from everyone there.

At the end of class, I and Erina stopped in front of the school gate and she smiled at me, so giving me the assurance that she seemed very pleased with my company, and because I become part of her school and also her class.

"I hope you like this school!"

Then a car stopped in front of the school's main entrance and Erina said again, after removing her eyes from the car parked near there.

"My mother came to fetch me. Someone comes to get you?"

I shook my head, stating that not.

"Do you want a ride?"

"No, thank you."

"Are you sure?" she insisted another time.

"I am."

"Okay." She turned to the side and said after that. "See you tomorrow."

Then Erina ran to the white car and entered it. She waved to me and the car went down the main street. I kept stopped watching her departure from school. Erina looked like a cool human and I was starting to like her as a human friend.

Since I had no car and no one who could take me home in a vehicle with four wheels, so was obliged to walk with my own legs to my humble home that was far from the town. I took more than an hour on foot and the roads were earth. The asphalt had not gotten there. So I imagined that the rainy day would probably make the streets horrible to circulate.

But I did not care about that since I was accustomed to walking on the snow, so it would just be fun while I was living on planet Earth.

After some time, I entered the house through the front door and threw my textbooks on the couch in the living room. Slowly I sat on it and started to remove my boots from my feet and threw them near the sofa. My toes were throbbing. I stroked them even they being inside of my stockings and it helped me feel relieved to try to step on the floor, after all, walking an hour without stopping, no foot would bear so much sacrifice.

After that, I looked to one side and felt the presence of someone in my bedroom. Soon I lifted up cautiously and started walking through the house, starting through the narrow corridor. I was a little stunned, thinking I had heard a different noise, coming toward my room and when I opened the door to my bedroom, I saw all was locked. The window was closed and my bed was organized. No one was there.

Then I left my room, walking back and pulled the door to me, so closing it again. After that, I turned to the side and went through the hallway again. Afterward, I stopped towards the passage of the kitchen and saw everything was in place. Nothing was out of the room.

Nevertheless, I walked onward and stopped in the living room over again, I held my elbows with my arms crossed and got thoughtful. At this moment, I felt a strange energy as I conjectured I was not alone in that house. It looked like someone was there with me, but I could not see its matter.

"He cannot have found me!"

I mumbled confusedly.

l4