35

VALKYRIE

MOTHER AFFLICTION

I stood before the castle balcony as was looking at the night sky and keeping my thought distant from Neptune. My mother's heart was restless.

Yes, because I was very worried about my daughter.

For months, I had not seen her and was missing her a lot. I had never stayed so long away from Vær. And I also in no way imagined I would go through it and have the horrible feeling of waking up every day and know that I could not look into the eyes of my daughter, or comb her hair. More than that, I was dying to miss her hugs and her company. Even with the absence of Vær at our castle, I still insisted on visiting her room always in the morning, imagining that she could be in it. Sleeping like an angel.

But all were just desires of a mother with her heartbroken by the absence of her only daughter.

After I had pondered all this, I realized I was not alone while I felt so comforting arms encircling my waist and crossing at the time of my abdomen. Since so I looked at them and recognized them.

"What are you doing here, my love? Why don't we go to sleep?"

I looked in front and stared at the dark region in front of the castle.

"I'm dying to miss our daughter."

Eros ended up depositing a soft kiss on my left shoulder, as he still remained hugging me from behind.

"I'm also crazy to miss my little girl."

He smiled to imagine our daughter's face in his mind.

"But what can we do? She chose it for her life. Vaer decided to try to be a little owner of her own navel."

I ended up turning in front of my husband and hugged him, still with my afflicted heart.

"I still am not conformed to it, by living away from our daughter."

I stopped and reminded me of my past.

"When I stayed away from my mother for the first time I come to Neptune, my mother did not experiment the pain that is inside my chest at this moment." paused, "Because she was in a deep sleep. You did not allow her to feel this agony I'm feeling now regarding our daughter."

I raised my eyes and stared at him in the face.

"Eros, I do not want to continue feeling this agony in my chest." Soon I left a sigh. "I wish you could make me fall asleep until our daughter has come back. Fall into a deep sleep as you did with my mother the night I came to Neptune for the first time."

But my consort shook his head and denied my request.

"No, Valkyrie! I do not have sufficient powers to do this with you and even if I had them, I would not do it." He kissed my long dark hair. "I could not bear to see my wife asleep the whole time until Vær returned to this castle."

I hugged him tighter.

"I try to believe that all is well with Vær, but I cannot. When I remember that she has no power and has no way to defend herself ..."

At this moment, I left Eros's arms in a hurry and started walking quickly in the direction of the castle corridor.

"I have to go to Earth and see my daughter."

Eros jumped on high and stood before me, preventing me from continuing my steps. He knew the consequences and had his thought more considerate than mine at that instant.

"No, Valkyrie! You cannot do that! None of us here can go after her."

He looked around.

"We promise her that we will not go after her on planet Earth."

Now he stared me in the face.

"We gave her our word." his hand touched one side of my face and stroked it for a moment. "Do you remember it?"

"...Yes, I do."

My answer came suffocated by my anguish. I was about to cry, to scream and ask back my little girl.

But Eros pulled me to him and received me in his strong arms. He looked ahead and saw an optimistic future for our daughter, perhaps away from dangers.

"Do not worry, honey." He began to utter. "Our daughter is secure."

Then he stopped hugging me and held the side of my face again, making me face him in the eye.

"Enzo is with her." continued affirming. "I'm sure he's protecting our jewel from all danger."

I closed my eyes and held back a sob that was stuck in my throat. In fact, I wanted to believe that Vær was protected beside her guardian from Neptune. And no danger could wound her flesh and shed her blue blood.