25

VAER

THE RECONCILIATION

That was the first night I shared a simple dinner with Enzo, sitting at the table. I had cooked a strange food. Nothing compared to what we both were used to eat in Neptune.

My guardian was sitting across the table and ate quietly. He did not seem to want to talk with me since he still showed himself to be very upset with me. Nonetheless, I felt mad at the thought that I'd carried discord to our friendship. Enzo was my best friend and I did not want him to wish to see me out of his life or continue to ignore me as if I did not exist during our dinner.

"What did you think of the planet Earth?"

He looked at me after my question. Afterward, he chewed a piece of meat and after answered me.

"Do you even want to know what I think?"

I shook my head, after having filled my mouth with the food that was on my fork.

"It's boring!"

He looked around and decided to dive into the details of his arrival there, without I had forced him to do so.

"Soon I got to the planet Earth; I stole a car and was arrested by idiot policemen. My luck is that I have many vampire powers and they could not keep me stuck with them for long."

Hearing this, I began to chew my food with less appetite. Enzo had barely arrived at planet Earth and was causing all this chaos. I could not imagine what he would ready in 365 days.

"What happened with the policemen?"

He shrugged his shoulders across the table and looked at his plate of food.

"I think all have died."

My eyes were alarmed. I could not remain silent and control my disappointment with his cruelty of taking human lives. We were there to learn to live with them and not to destroy them.

"You still speak it naturally! Do you know the gravity of it all?" I shook my head with great rejection. "I cannot believe you did it and hurt the humans."

"They hurt me first! The policemen gave me many blows in my face! My blood went down and one of them still got surprised because my blood was very dark and dense!"

I was even angrier with those details and soon I rose up, taking my plate with me, so putting a severe end on my dinner.

"I cannot believe that my grandfather put me in the hands of a guardian who has arrived at Earth already making a lot of nonsense!"

I put the plate in the sink, intending to wash it with soap and water. But Enzo stood up and pulled his plate from the dining table too. He stood beside me and pushed me to the side, using the power of his own body.

"Do not worry about the dishes." He warned me, "I myself wash it for you."

I remained silent and agreed with his initiative. Then he opened the faucet with his vampire power and the water began to fall down. The cutlery began to be washed and soaped with soap without Enzo needed to touch them.

During this, he turned back to the sink and continued with his hands resting on it. At the moment, the dishes were still being washed by his invisible power.

He looked in my direction and saw me cornered in one of the kitchen walls.

"And then?" scratched his forehead with nervousness. "Have you even found any interesting human here on Earth?"

"Not yet." I looked down. "At my school, there are some guys. They are beautiful and smart, but still none of them managed to attract my attention to them and make my heart beat strongly within me."

Enzo smiled, letting his anger aside and forgetting that I had ruined his life during our stay on planet Earth. Now he seemed to have gone back to being that Enzo I was used to living with and that he was my friend since I started to distinguish life and friendship.

"But I bet you attracted many of them."

He smiled again and I ended up smiling too. Still a little shy, I had the courage to reveal it.

"Yeah, I realize that some guys look at me differently ... but not enough for them to approach me and ask me for a dating."

At that point, I raised my neon blue eyes and ended up just staring at the gray look of Enzo. He was a little embarrassed and ended up looking at the other side. His emotional imbalance made his power neutralize and a plate dropped in the sink and ended up shattering. The loud noise startled us and we both look at the sink.

Enzo was crestfallen after the accident.

"I'm sorry, I lost my concentration."

"Do not worry."

I walked to the sink, trying to remove the crockery shards from the sink. But Enzo did it first with the speed of his invisible power and the pieces were all taken away without he had put his fingers on them. I watched it all a little astonished and at the same time a bit unfortunate because I had no power to do the same.

Enzo knew me very well and realized my frustration before my deficiency. Soon his hands rested on my shoulders and he told me with kindness.

"Don't be like that." The end of his finger touched the tip of my nose. "I had even told you you're a very special little vampire, even without any power."

We stared at each other for some time. Enzo held a smile on his locked lips and me also. Finally, I could not resist and ended up hugging him with emotion. My arms almost crushed his ribs and he touched the tip of his chin on the top of my head. In this way, surrendering himself to my caress abruptly.

"I'm glad you're here."

I confessed, closing my eyes and feeling his presence closer to me and while was idealizing I was more guarded in his presence.

"In fact, I feel more protected with your presence."

Enzo got thoughtful as he slid the tip of his chin from one side to the other, above my head, thus rubbing his pale cold skin against the firm dark texture of my hair.

v][g]),آԎ��a