34

Chapter 34

ENZO

PERSPECTIVES FOR THE FIRST MEETING

While Vær was arranging herself in her room, I stood beside its passage, watching everything through the open door. She had already left the bath and put on one of her round short dresses and with length above the knee.

I had not yet gotten used to seeing her in different clothes from which I was accustomed to seeing her in Neptune.

Sometimes, she seemed to be the Vær who grew up in my arms and rejoiced all in Neptune after her birth.

At that occasion, she seemed so distracted, looking at herself all the time and looking a lot euphoric with the commitment that night.

Still wondering she should not forget anything; Vaer combed her long hair and tried to hold back part of them at the top of her head, fixing some dark threads with a hair ornament that was a miniature tiara, indeed.

Soon, I figured out she had left back hundreds of them. All was real on her planet, just to play a princess in a world that did not belong to her and did not belong to us.

But what bothered me really was that she seemed happy there, even she being not flattered by her true creators. Every time I looked at her, I feared Vær had the desire to never want to return to our planet. I feared that she wanted to live on planet Earth forever among the humans that were nothing of her.

Moments later, she sat on the bed and wore her long dark boots, over her seven-eighth dark stockings. Her fingernails were painted in neon blue. After being ready, she wore a make-up as she was looking at her face before a round mirror suspended on one of the walls in her room.

Vær as was a blue-blooded vampire, she had this advantage and could see her own dimly representation in the mirror. Her image was a little blurred, but through the mirror, she had the guarantee that she existed and could look at herself.

When finished everything, she left her bedroom and saw me standing beside her room door. I ended up looking down at the floor, realizing that she saw me there and at least imagined that I was watching her for some time.

"How am I?"

She stood there, looking in my direction.

I lifted my head and looked first at his round short, black dress with dark pink polka dots. There was a frill of lace at the edge of its skirt. Its neckline behaved and its sleeves were short and puffed.

Before answering her question, I walked toward her and stopped on her way. She continued with her head raised up, trying to follow my countenance, since I was much taller than her.

"It is blurred here."

I affirmed, raising my hand and touching the tip of my thumb in the corner of her lips and removing the excess from the dark lipstick between her skin and her mouth. She understood my careful gesture and ended up smiling shyly.

"I always blur myself when I wear lipstick."

She confessed and looked away. So I removed my hand from her face. But we still remained to stand, facing each other and again silence escorted us. Just in the minute our eyes met, not on purpose.

I did not know what to say and Vær less so. She was going for her first ride beside the human and this day should be very special for her.

Finally, I broke that confused climate, as I took aim to one side and tried to convince myself that all would be well with Vær during that damned ride together.

"Vaer, be careful. I will not be around. But I ask you do not confide fully on that subject and please, do not come too late home."

I stared at her one more time.

"I'll be here waiting for you."

Promptly, I realized she smiled at me when I said I would be there waiting for her.

"Do not worry; I will follow all your recommendations."

But I turned aside, feeling a little annoyed.

"If you really followed all of my recommendations, you would not be going out home tonight to meet with a strange idiot human."

Now I turned around to face her in the face, Vær just rolling her eyes, a little disappoint with me.

"Please, Enzo, we should not argue now. This moment is very important to me."

She walked over and held my hand at the time of her chest.

"I will have my first date."

We got serious.

A few seconds later, I ended up ducking my head. As soon as I realized that she would have her first meeting at eighteen years and I had never had mine even after completing one hundred years.

Maybe I would never have it for lack of self-interest.

The human women were very beautiful, attractive I would say so. But until that moment, none of them had aroused my interest to be beside them as we could walk on the streets or take an ice cream.

"Good luck."

I ended up uttering. Vær let my hand go, removed the heels from the floor and placed a respectful kiss on one side of my face.

"Thanks."

Then she walked to one side, in the direction of the front door and before she could touch the handle, even I keeping my back to her, used my vampire trick to open the passage for her. Vaer got startled by seeing the door opening alone. After that, she looked over her shoulder and saw me with back to her and even so she thanked me again, with a smile demonstrated in her lips.

"Thanks."

"Traverse soon this door, before I regret this madness and do not let you go away from this house tonight."

I warned, still keeping my back to her. Vær pursed his lips, looking at my black cape and after that, she turned to the fore and stepped through the open doorway, thus leaving the house with her divided chest.

In it contained a part of her happiness to be going to meet a real human and on the other hand, she carried with her the bitterness to leave me at that house, waiting for her return from the first dating of her life.